Hi, how's it going?

thdoctada

Reaction score
Well, I have read "The Anarchists guide to travel" a few times now and have been lurking on the site for a while. So, I finally made an account. I am 35 and have no kids, no girlfriend/boyfriend, and have always dreamed of traveling the way you guys seem to travel. So, not really a whole lot holding me back. As for methods of travel that I am most interested in, I have thought about them all. But it seems to really come down to rubber tramping in a minivan or bike touring. But hitchhiking is something I have done quite a few times as well, though only short distances. Hopping trains isn't exactly on my bucket list, but who knows. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself.

roughdraft

Reaction score
Welcome!

I can relate, it's a nice feeling like we don't have much holding us back. Although sometimes we discover along the way that we may very well have more in that department than we first realized.

You should add some more personal info for a proper introduction, I believe -

What have you done in the past? What skills do you have? Whereabouts are you located?

You can make your dream a reality - wishing you safe and exhilarating travels in the near future.

Reactions: VeganBrianFL

thdoctada

Reaction score
Well, first off I am a guy. I have spent most of my adult life working and taking the standard annual beach trip, all while wishing I could see more of the world. I love camping, fishing, hiking, and being outside in general. As far as work experience goes, I have done a lot of different things, like general labor, head Sawyer at a saw mill, landscaping, factory work building roof trusses for those barns and such you occasionally see semi-trucks hauling down the road, and most recently, I am coming up on seven years of being a dietary aide in a nursing home. I play guitar fairly well, after all, I went to school for it. I like to think of myself as mainly a bluesman and have started learning harmonica as well. The plan is to get a neck holder and attempt play guitar and harmonica at the same time. I know my way around busking in general, as that is how I made money back in college. I am learning how to read tarot cards, which I plan to supplement with dowsing and palm reading, so I can attempt to make that into a mobile income. Like I mentioned previously, I have some hitchhiking experience, so not exactly a beginner but it has been a while. I currently live in the town Stanley, NC. That's really all I can think of to mention about myself. Getting personal isn't exactly my strong suit. If you want to know anything else, please feel free to ask.

Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads