Hi, hope I'm doing this right. | Squat the Planet

Hi, hope I'm doing this right.

Conrad

Reaction score
So a little while ago I finished up a job quit another job paid off the last of my debts and then buggered off to Mexico to stay with my dad for a bit. At present I'm still in Mexico, where everything's tortillas and cheap tequila, it's magical. But I am going to have to get back to real life in a little bit and act like an adult/ productive member of American society. Except I don't wanna.

I really want to travel, like lots. To throw a dart at a globe lets say the American South; Atlanta, New Orleans, Etc. The big caveat is that I am destitute and I really don't want to sign a 10 month lease. To which I turn to you lot and seek your wisdom, how can I do this without starving in a gutter? I don't know If I'm barking up the wrong tree or something but I also don't know how else to pursue this idea.

I have handfuls of random skill sets and a work ethic I just would appreciate some direction for this endeavor.

K

Kim Chee

Work some seasonal stuff like an alaskan fish processor or wildland firefighting.

Take that money and go back to your Dad's place in Mexico and plot your next move.

If that doesn't work buy some nice smelling coconut suntan oil and rub down tourists on the beach. Sooner or later one of 'em will take you home;)

Conrad

Reaction score
actually I am going for an interview for an alaska job but as a fish monger I can tell you that the season just ended so even if the guy likes my gumption that payout is nearly year down the road.

K

Kim Chee

actually I am going for an interview for an alaska job but as a fish monger I can tell you that the season just ended so even if the guy likes my gumption that payout is nearly year down the road.

Too late for you to get in on firefighting too, but there is seasonal work out there. The cash you make will go far in Mexico and further south.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads