Hi hi :-) | Squat the Planet

Hi hi :-)

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I'm Miranda....I've been doing this in one form or another since I was 15. Almost 3 years ago I lost my kids though so I have been in southern CA working with the local authorities, going to rehab and parenting classes etc gradually getting custody back. 3 years is a LONG time to be stuck in one place other than the occasional road trip here and there (we made it to slab city for the talent show last weekend so that felt really good, yay!) Hoping to figure out a way to take them on the road this summer and we'll see from there.

cport420

Reaction score
Hope it all works out for you girl. Being stuck in the same place for a while sucks unless its a sweet setup. Peace.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Thanks, the kids are worth it. My oldest looked the cop in the face and said "I would rather live on the streets with my mom than anywhere else in the world". If nothing else they will always know that I love them enough to fight for them :)\

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Small world, I was at that talent show too :)

Reactions: schmutz

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
<3 It was a good day. First time I really just relaxed and felt like me in awhile. I went out there with my neice and some of her friends. We caught sunrise at Bombay Beach, climbed around Salvation Mountain and caught the talent show. I had brought some books out to donate to the library but I couldn't find it on my own. Maybe next time :)

menu

Reaction score
fuck this. you need to focus on ur kids man. Peeps wanna say they support and that some bullshit. if you put urself before kids son????? wack man. do the right thing. niggas have bad energy. and kats like you propagate that shit. fuck you

Reaction score
fuck this. you need to focus on ur kids man. Peeps wanna say they support and that some bullshit. if you put urself before kids son????? wack man. do the right thing. niggas have bad energy. and kats like you propagate that shit. fuck you

Speak on that shit my seed

daveycrockett

Reaction score
niggas? peeps? kats? who are you? sonny son son son wack ..no no no no no no fuck you bitch.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Enough. Please keep this thread on topic.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Dude, I've been in the same spot 3 years focusing on my kids. Why the hate?

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Actually I am still kinda irritated about this...my kids were with me every day of their lives before they were taken away from me. We homeschooled, we camped, we traveled and it was awesome. I have been right here fighting for them ever since.

I got custody of them back last June, we are doing the public school thing and proving ourselves right now. Next summer I am planning on doing some backpacking with them and camping up the coast.

Anymore judgement?

cport420

Reaction score
I'm not judging. Due to the ratio of fuck ups that our society breeds on a daily basis. Maybe you have it all right and everybody else is wrong. I mean why would kids being taught selfishness and materialistic values in school be any better? Main thing is you are taking positive steps in the right direction. Keep your head up.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I didn't feel any hate from you at all. I am certainly doing the best I can with an effed up situation. I have awesome kids though, they get it in a way some adults never do.

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Travel is cool as shit and all. But once you have kids you need to put down some roots for a spell and raise'em. Let the go to school and make friends and have a stable home. Hell weekends and summer do all the running around you want, just come back to homebase.

Not saying don't live life. But you are GOD in those kids eyes. Do for them and not for yourself.
Peace.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I tend to disagree. As long as you are commited to being there for your children and to nurturing them that is all that really matters. You can't travel the same way as you would when you were young and single for sure but its doable. Education can come in many ways...I think some of the life experiences are worth way more than anything that can be taught through the public school system. There are so many different cirriculums available on-line for the book learning portion and its kinda fun to learn new things along side your kids. As a side note, when my kids were put into the public school system they all tested above grade level :)

I might not put as much stock in roots because my own parents kinda bounced around alot when I was young. Its interesting because by the time the baby of the family came along they had settled down some and he is alot more settled into one place than I am, but even without roots my family ties are strong and THAT is the important thing I have passed on to my kids.

But for now, I think you are right...no hotel hopping, no mad runs to the mountains juz cuz we woke up and it sounded good...the boys are all involved in competitive robotics right now, my oldest is in a specialized high school geared toward the bio-medical field, so....summer and weekends is the best solution for us for the time being, and eventually it may be something else again :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads