Hi from Chicago

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Katt. I've been posted up near Chicago for about a year. If there's any mom's around here, I'd love to chat.

I'm from Detroit, and have lived all over metro Detroit , Monterey, CA (x2), Yuma, Az, and Okinawa.

I've done extended stays in New Orleans (squatting with dirty kids during Mardi Gras), Missouri, Colorado (van), and North Carolina (van). I've visited too many other places to list.

So I've done a little bit of squatting, a whole lot of vandwelling and hotels/motels, and couch surfing.

I'm kinda settling down now (still plan on doing more, just less frequently).

I love hallucinogenics but can never find them, and loud.

Looking for friends, I'm up all night.

So...what's up with you?

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually in the suburbs (but still cook county). I've been dealing with some crap so I just started exploring.

Went to Navy Pier during Pride to watch the fireworks, and I worked in the city for about 2 days with HRC.

Any places you recommend I explore or Chicago tips?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what's detroit like these days? i haven't been there in a while. it's been mentioned that we should possibly start an StP HQ up there...

Reactions: Katthizzsohyphy

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
@Katthizzsohyphy Well there's a few things. If you like urban exploring the Damen silos are pretty neat. There is also the Kinzie bridge in the heart of downtown which is cool to check out, just remember to be extra stealthy with that one since it's smack dab in the middle of the city.

Also here's a helpful tip, when riding the CTA you can actually "overdraft" your Ventra card. when it goes into the negatives you don't actually have to add the exact amount of train fare onto the card, all you have to do is get it out of the negatives to get another ride. Meaning if you're -1.00 on your card all you have to do is add a dollar and five cents to bring the card value .05 for a ride, instead of the 2.25 that is "needed" for a ride.

Reaction score
what's detroit like these days? i haven't been there in a while. it's been mentioned that we should possibly start an StP HQ up there...

Detroit is awesome but I'm so biased. The public transport really sucks though...buses will straight up pass and ignore you.

What's a StP HQs?

I would love to take back the city or even a block and start an awesome commune situation. I'd have to be rolling mad deep though because of my kiddos.

Reaction score
@Katthizzsohyphy Well there's a few things. If you like urban exploring the Damen silos are pretty neat. There is also the Kinzie bridge in the heart of downtown which is cool to check out, just remember to be extra stealthy with that one since it's smack dab in the middle of the city.

Also here's a helpful tip, when riding the CTA you can actually "overdraft" your Ventra card. when it goes into the negatives you don't actually have to add the exact amount of train fare onto the card, all you have to do is get it out of the negatives to get another ride. Meaning if you're -1.00 on your card all you have to do is add a dollar and five cents to bring the card value .05 for a ride, instead of the 2.25 that is "needed" for a ride.

Thanks! Those places sound awesome, I totally want to check them out. My only kid free time is nights (and I work nights) so it will get put on my to-do list.

And thanks for the heads up about the Central card!

Reactions: EphemeralStick

MarsNoumena

Reaction score
Detroit is awesome but I'm so biased. The public transport really sucks though...buses will straight up pass and ignore you.

What's a StP HQs?

I would love to take back the city or even a block and start an awesome commune situation. I'd have to be rolling mad deep though because of my kiddos.

There is a great community that has formed in the Seven Mile and John R area. Fireweed Universe City.

Reaction score
There is a great community that has formed in the Seven Mile and John R area. Fireweed Universe City.
That is great to hear there is community that has formed there.. ive never seen more down and out sex workers in one area in detroit more than this corner and know crime there has been out of control, so I am really happy to hear that is good news.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads