Hi everybody.. The professor here..

professorjpj

Reaction score
Hi.. I used to be a member of homelessforums. ..Does ANYONE know what happened to that site? I invested a LOT of my time blogging my life story on there, and one day, poof! They were gone!! VERY frustrating! So much typing, only to be wasted.. Currently in New Orleans(homeless like always) and heading to san fran end of month.. Just saying hi...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
unfortunately i think a lot of people go into creating websites for our community without realizing the amount of work and personal investment that is required, so many/most of them go under (digihitch, hitchin.it, travelershq, etc). stp has been around for 14 years now, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon (as long as im alive), so if you want a space to blog your life, we're it :)

welcome to the site!

Reactions: ThatDrunkGuy

Sip

Reaction score
In digihitch's defence, it's version of you died, Matt. Still I get what you're saying. You do see a lot of sites that pop up and then off. And digihitch does kick ass. As for homelessforums, I've never heard of it. :p Welcome to the site, professor.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
In digihitch's defence, it's version of you died, Matt. Still I get what you're saying. You do see a lot of sites that pop up and then off. And digihitch does kick ass. As for homelessforums, I've never heard of it. :p Welcome to the site, professor.

'it's version of you died'... i don't understand what you're saying there. my post was in reference to digihitch post-morgan (after he died it kinda went to shit)

Sip

Reaction score
Ah. I was refering to Morgan's death. You said as long as you're around STP will be here, so I was just saying basically that Digihitch was thriving until Morgan died, and for a bit after. That's all. I don't even really remember the point I was trying to make, to be honest.

professorjpj

Reaction score
hi professor! would be a good idea to post all that stuff on a blog so it would be more permament
That's what I was trying to do.. Without realizing how transient the site for transients was!! HAHA Hey everyone, adding a new gallery of photos.. Check it out, will be adding daily.. Instead of journals(which ive lost MANY over the years) I take pics now.. Comments on pics are welcome.. Keep checking..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads