Hi, all...

Jimmy James

Reaction score
object%3E
Hi, all.
Check it out...Edit: Seems as though vid's not posting...Oh well, that's ok; ennyway, hi from MT-!
object%3E

boucaneer

Reaction score
hi jimmy, hope you are well.

what was in those videos you posted? shame it did'nt work.

it's a good wbsite here.

look after yourself, cheers.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
Well, the vid was a Pretty things video/ film from 1966 which is pretty cool...Still not real familiar w/ this site and posting stuff. Well' ennyway, a little about me. I left home @ 18 and thumbed to CA from BFE Idaho back in 78', which was the start of my rambles.

Did a lot of squatting in the mountains around Santa Cruz and then down in the Sur back in the late 70's and early 80's. Also was involved in the early SF punk scene back then; got into public Radio at KFJC (Wave of the West) in the mid 80's...Any oldtimers remember the Vat's??? (Old Hamm's Brewery squat). Or Howie Kleinwhen he did his punk show "Maximum Rock n' Roll" on KPFA in Berkely?

By the late 80's I was sick of the Bay Area, CA and civilization in general, so I basically decided "fuck society" and I moved back to the Rocky mountains back to ID to live in a cave in the Salmon River mountains. Spent some years care-taking isolated properties in the mountains there and then moved to MT from there and have spent my time off and on between MT and the deserts and mountains in AZ, using a Toyota motorhome as my Gypsy wagon and staying put and settling down from time to time as I have gotten older.

Don't want to bore you all w/ my whole fucking life story so to shorten it up here I am living in MT right across the street from the MT RailLink tracks just outside of town. I see a lot of trains come and go every day (and night).

The only freight I ever hopped was the cement train that runs from Davenport, CA down into Santa Cruz and then down into Salinas and eventually L.A.... (funny, I see some cat named Lee who wears hose clamps around his neck is teaching people how to hop freights on that very same line)...

Whenever I'm sitting around watching those freights go by, some of those grainers look mighty tempting. Right across from my house is an ideal catch-out spot. After watching some of Wizehops vids on youtube an' all, I'm seriously thinking about doing some long distance recreational hopping. I think I'm getting bored in my old age.

Anybody need any info. on squatting in the forest or desert on Federal or state land, I did it for many years and can answer just about any question you might have about it.

J.D.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads