Hi again

A Iwasa

Reaction score
900 Mulberry St, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Website
radicaljournalismnetwork.wordpress.com
I used to post on here as Alex the Weaver. Recently I've made a string of posts on behalf of the Slingshot Collective but since I no longer live in the Bay Area I want to refrain from that.

Also I am trying to start a new media project that's geared towards mobilizing people. I had left the Bay Area with the hopes of going to Rojava, but ended up at the Sacred Stone Spirit Camp near Canonball, North Dakota against the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), where I also met my ride to the protests against the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Philly.

This is exactly the sort of Travels and news I am interested in.

A Iwasa

Reaction score
Website
Hey! As a newer Slingshot reader, I really like your articles (the ones i've read at least)
Good luck at Sacred Stone, be safe!
Thanks! I'm actually in Iowa now, the DAPL is supposed to cut across the state and I used to live here, and there isn't as much opposition or media attention here as there is in ND. Thanks again though!

A Iwasa

Reaction score
Website
Be careful out there
Thanks, I actually left North Dakota in August, it's just one of the last more interesting places I've been. The DAPL is supposed to cross Iowa also though, and there's less opposition and media attention to it, so I came here. Thanks again!

Reactions: Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads