Heya | Squat the Planet

Tropical Heathen

Reaction score
PTSD about to be homeless, wondering where the best place is that I could go on the mainland. Survivable climate, homeless resources, don't want to be murdered.

Art101

Reaction score
Seattle seems to be one of the best,judging by the influx.On a serious note though.If you want the help and will jump through the hoops Seattle has some really good stuff.Plenty of shelters,plenty of aid,and a really good program called Fare Start.Also Boise(even though I bitch about it) is another one where if you want to help yourself there are programs.Just my 2 cents on it and welcome.

• Useful
Reactions: wonder

Tropical Heathen

Reaction score
Sorry about not providing much information. I had a long message typed up but the forum wouldn't allow it to be posted (SPAM filter or something). I am currently in Phoenix. I was in Hawaii off and on for the last couple of years. Hawaii is probably the best as far as helping homeless but I am afraid of getting stranded there. Claustrophobic feeling.

I plan on filing for disability. I need to decide where to do that at. Hawaii is the best state for that but would rather be on the mainland, if possible.

I will look into Seattle. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Thenisia
D

Deleted member 125

Sorry about not providing much information. I had a long message typed up but the forum wouldn't allow it to be posted (SPAM filter or something). I am currently in Phoenix. I was in Hawaii off and on for the last couple of years. Hawaii is probably the best as far as helping homeless but I am afraid of getting stranded there. Claustrophobic feeling.

I plan on filing for disability. I need to decide where to do that at. Hawaii is the best state for that but would rather be on the mainland, if possible.

I will look into Seattle. Thanks for the feedback.

i dont know where you got the info about hawaii being good about helping homelsss but its incorrect.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i dont know where you got the info about hawaii being good about helping homelsss but its incorrect.

yeah, although i've never been, i've heard hawaii practically has a war going on against the homeless.

Tropical Heathen

Reaction score
Homeless orgs are pretty good on helping in Hawaii. I know that various places there, the cops and a lot in the government hate homeless. My thinking is that if I convince them that once I successfully get disability, I will move from the island to the mainland, it might escalate things.

D

Deleted member 125

Homeless orgs are pretty good on helping in Hawaii. I know that various places there, the cops and a lot in the government hate homeless. My thinking is that if I convince them that once I successfully get disability, I will move from the island to the mainland, it might escalate things.

again, this is incorrect. i wish you the best of luck. but ill eat my hat...

D

Deleted member 125

to be honest by yer original post im not sure if the help i would offer is what yer looking for. im not a big shelter person because in my experience they are often full of people ide rather avoid. theres threads on similiar subjects i suggest using the search feature to maybe find what yer looking for.

G

Grubblin

I've only heard bad things about Denver and spent last summer living north of there, Fort Collins. FC isn't bad but I'm not sure how big of a city you're looking for. You may be paying too much attention to the horror stories of the life as evidenced by 'not wanting to be murdered'. I'm sure that happens but it's not like it's common. You can make it anywhere you want to go, it just takes time to figure things out. I don't do shelters based solely on what I've heard about them through first hand accounts but, just like most things, I would think some of them are better than others. Good luck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads