Hey y'all | Squat the Planet

Hey y'all

ClashCityRkr

Reaction score
The names Corey. 28 years young. Up until recently I was living a pretty standard and boring life. Did the college thing, all that jazz, and I currently work at a busy bar here in Jersey. I've always wanted to get out but never really tried for it, I guess.

Over the past few months I found myself utterly distraught over the way my life has turned out and the direction it was heading, so I decided to go and leave it all behind. I've been doing research non-stop and have set the date. 8 months from now, April, all my obligations will be in order and I'll be hitting the rails, for at least a year straight. I plan to write, blog, and chronicle my journey every step of the way.

We've all got our reasons. Some run from things, but me? I'm searching. Don't know what for yet, but I plan on falling in love with life again and rediscovering wonder and awe in the process.

I'm absolutely down for solid advice and friends. Let's listen to some punk rock and talk life. I don't know where this path will take me, but I've never been this excited. I don't care where that train is going in April as long as it's leaving Jersey. I hope to see some of y'all out there. Hit me up!

Last edited:
Reactions: AAAutin

Thomas Walker

Reaction score
Sounds very similar to my life story so far, except you're far older than I am. Wouldn't mind meeting up at some time in the future. I'm planning on hitting the rails in a year or two, but by April I will still be doing research to figure out what I'm gonna need. In the meantime, it'd be really great if you could make a stop in Northern Indiana to talk a while. More info here: [link]

Reactions: ClashCityRkr

ClashCityRkr

Reaction score
Yeah, I know i'm getting up there in age, but I feel physically and mentally ready for the challenges ahead. I think that's an important first step. If I ever make my way out there, I'll definitely get in touch with you.

ClashCityRkr

Reaction score
Age wont matter, health will. I'm 55 and feeling as strong as much, much younger. I ride a bicycle everyday however. Welcome.

That's super encouraging! I feel fine, just lost! Someone in these communities once told me, "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. " So here I am, about to hit the road lol

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP! And you've come to the right place for the best info - and the best sage advice from our members. Good deal to research and plan on your trip. :) Welcome.

ClashCityRkr

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! And you've come to the right place for the best info - and the best sage advice from our members. Good deal to research and plan on your trip. :) Welcome.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! The more I read the more questions I have, but i'm determined to figure it all out. Luckily, as long as I stick to my financial goals, I'll have a little less than 8 months to do it! I just ate my first can of Vienna Sausages to see what they were all about, so the mental preparation is well under way lol

Reactions: Ezra Fyre

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the welcome. I bet the dumpster would add some extra seasoning. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

It certainly wouldn't hurt! Laughing so hard i might have cracked a rib... As a housie, i don't tend to do trash-panda dining - BUT - since I also can't stand Vienna sausages... I found myself in serious mental debate if a dumpster would NOT infact improve the flavor! Lol! Too funny.... I won't normally have dumpster dinner and now I'm debating trying vienna dumpster sausage... Hahaha. It kills me! HA!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads