Hey ya'll from Ohio | Squat the Planet

Hey ya'll from Ohio

apathyfaction

Reaction score
Hey, new to STP. I been out of the game for awhile now - about 5 years, really. But I think it's time to get off my ever widening ass and head back west. Maybe make it to the ocean this time.

Health problems brought me home last time I wandered off. Only made it about three states over, which ain't too bad on foot.

Before that, I couch surfed up the east coast and camped out a few places. I walk just about everywhere anymore. Hate cars. Just not a fan.

But I lost my last crappy service job, and this looks like as good a place for a break as any. Think I'll head west in spring. Walk and hitch it as far as I can. No way in hell am I crossing mountains in winter though.

D

deleted user

near the mountains now, made it from bama to show low, az in 6(?) days. you can definitely get far, just stay engaged in your goal.

welcome aboard, also!

apathyfaction

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm prepping for the trip now. Getting my gear together and finishing off my loose ends. I think I'll head south first, winter in Florida. I've got a couple friends down there, crash with them for a few weeks. Bounce around. Tampa is nice in December, I hear.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads