Hey y'all. Anyone coming through Toronto?

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Hi. Another newbie.

I'm going to be honest- I'm not really a serious traveller. I'm what you call a serious host. I like to put people up and feed them, wash their gear, and hear their stories. Hey, somebody has to do it, otherwise there would be no couches for you to surf!

Essentially, I'm looking for friends who will come to visit when they're in my area and bring me news from abroad that I can put to use in my town. For example you could fill me in on how the anarchist collective in Richmond runs itself, or what the music scene is like in Brazil, or how the indie crafters in Portland are spreading their network.

Unless there's a treehouse involved. If I can stay in a treehouse, I'm there.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. And very kind of you to offer - and may I suggest for a little longevity on the thread - putting yourself in as a "couch offered". I did and have had several travelers come through my place, have a kid here now from Seattle. :) And yes there are stories shared. :)

https://squattheplanet.com/crust-surfing/

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. And very kind of you to offer - and may I suggest for a little longevity on the thread - putting yourself in as a "couch offered". I did and have had several travelers come through my place, have a kid here now from Seattle. :) And yes there are stories shared. :)

https://squattheplanet.com/crust-surfing/
Thanks for the tip. I have indeed put up such a post. Now to see if anyone visits...

Reactions: Tude

ATX

Reaction score
My dad is from scarborough, so I planned on spending some time there when I come up to Canada. Which I'm currently in the process of doing so it could be any minute. I'll be going to the Maritimes first, but will message you when I get in the area. Thanks for posting and hosting fellow travelers!

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
My dad is from scarborough, so I planned on spending some time there when I come up to Canada. Which I'm currently in the process of doing so it could be any minute. I'll be going to the Maritimes first, but will message you when I get in the area. Thanks for posting and hosting fellow travelers!
I look forward to meeting you and hearing tales of crazy Newfies! (They're all nuts, and quite proud of it!) You work on an alpaca farm? That's awesome! As a person who is a bit obsessed with yarn, I'm quite fond of alpacas. Plus they're cute and a bit mean, much like the most entertaining people.

juliesunshine

Reaction score
I plan on coming thru Toronto sometime this summer (I love it there)
I'd love to stop by your place & share stories and such
I can totally give you some stories on the anarcho punk scene of Miami FL and from music festivals and Couchsurfing I've done and those I've hosted.
You're awesome for offering to host!

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads