Hey there

Reaction score
I'm Matt. 31, born and raised in NH. Been seriously considering quitting my job and heading out to Austin. Would like to see Portland, OR and California too. I've never done the traveling life but I was homeless for over a year a while back. The everyday grind of this state is suffocating. Look forward to hearing some of your stories and info and I hioe to see ya on the road. Lemme know if any of you are in the NH area.

Haystack

Reaction score
Welcome Matt! What draws you to Austin if you don't mind me asking?

There's plenty of info on this site to keep you busy for awhile. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Welcome Matt! What draws you to Austin if you don't mind me asking?

There's plenty of info on this site to keep you busy for awhile. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hey Haystack. I actually Was in Austin last September for a month and a half for a relationship which failed but fell in love with the city and the punk scene there. Came back home late October but have been itching to head back that way ever since.

Haystack

Reaction score
Hey Haystack. I actually Was in Austin last September for a month and a half for a relationship which failed but fell in love with the city and the punk scene there. Came back home late October but have been itching to head back that way ever since.

Right on man. Sorry to hear about the relationship, but at least you discovered a place you enjoy. I'd like to check out Austin sometime but I just haven't made it out there yet.

Reactions: Mattie Marauder

VtJake

Reaction score
Matt, you still in NH? I'm in Vermont.. And rubber tramping it to Austin June 1st. Also plan to hit up calfornia and Portland OR too.. Hit me up in a message if you wanna talk more about it!

D

Deleted member 16034

You look stupid familiar and I have no idea why, since the last time I was on the east coast was 15 years ago.

Welcome to STP! There are some amazing threads out there in the "Resources" tab that will give you a better idea of what you need and can look forward to while traveling.

So is your final destination Austin, or are you going there and then traveling more?

Reaction score
You look stupid familiar and I have no idea why, since the last time I was on the east coast was 15 years ago.

Welcome to STP! There are some amazing threads out there in the "Resources" tab that will give you a better idea of what you need and can look forward to while traveling.

So is your final destination Austin, or are you going there and then traveling more?

I've been going to punk hardcore and metal shows in NH and MA since 99. Maybe you saw me there. Not positive, I wanna see other places but if I were to stay somewhere for an extended period of time it'd be Austin unless I find a place thats even more rad.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i live in austin but i'm not really plugged into the punk community here (wish i was). i'm leaving in 2 months but if you're here before i leave you should say hi.

Reactions: Mattie Marauder

Haystack

Reaction score
i live in austin but i'm not really plugged into the punk community here (wish i was). i'm leaving in 2 months but if you're here before i leave you should say hi.

Are you leaving Austin for good Matt? I know you mentioned you're going on your bike tour, is that leading to a new pad?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Are you leaving Austin for good Matt? I know you mentioned you're going on your bike tour, is that leading to a new pad?

yeah, i don't know where i'm going next but i think i need to take a break from austin for a while. it's a great town, but i need to travel and austin is so comfortable it's kinda holding me back from doing that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads