Hey stp!

Nolan Wright

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while, and I thought I'd finally make my self known. The fact that this site exists (and everyone on it) is a beautiful thing. I've been using stp for advice, entertainment and inspiration for a couple years now, so I'm over due to at least vocalize my gratitude.

I'm not much of a tramp at the moment, aside from some (ultra)brief rubber tramping between schools and jobs. Like a million other kids, I've been obsessed with stobe, ranout and ilia bondarev, but I've never hopped a train outside of my own town.

I'm hoping to get back on the road and head west this summer once money comes together, I'll likely be offering seats in the rideshare at that point.

Reactions: Nailz

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ranout and ilia bondarev

awesome! thanks for joining the site (officially, with an account!) :D

out of curiousity, who/what is ranout and ilia bondarev? could you expand on that?

Nolan Wright

Reaction score
awesome! thanks for joining the site (officially, with an account!) :D

out of curiousity, who/what is ranout and ilia bondarev? could you expand on that?
Thanks Matt!

Both are freighthopping youtube channels, and have gained notoriety alongside the fresh popularity of trainhopping. Ranout (ranoutonarail) was good friends with stobe, and Ilia Bondarev is a Russian guy who has traveled to the US and Mexico to freighthop.

I'm not sure how well known Bondarev is (it seems like he doesn't have a terribly large american audience), but I highly recommend you check out at least his Mexico vid. Ranout recently rode through Alaska and got some truly breathtaking shots on his Anchorage to Whittier video. Both make really drawn out pieces that can suck in unsuspecting college students, making them doubt how worthwhile it really is to stay put...

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Good luck and safe travels!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Nailz

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads