Hey! It's a wild hobo! | Squat the Planet

Hey! It's a wild hobo!

woodworm

Reaction score
The name's Woodworm, and I am a NB homeless kid out of Minnesota planning on leaving the state.
I've been sleeping on some couches, even a spare bed or two, so luckily I never had to face winter outside, but I've been wanting to hit the road and see where life takes me now that I'm older. Been on my own since 16 and fortunately never been in the system. The reason for my lack of a more conventional lifestyle is probably caused by a lot of things, but I can't see myself being part of the masses either way.
I mostly read in my spare time, but I love watching the world as it continues on throughout the day, just seeing what happens. That, and sketching. Always enjoyed art.
While I do consider myself to be apolitical, I am an anarchist at heart and favor leftist views. Agnostic, but very spiritual.
I'm thinking of heading south, possibly Nevada or California, but I don't know where to start. While I do plan on going solo, the idea of joining a more experienced traveler or two sounds nice as well.
I hope to make some friends on the site and learn all that I can.
Cheers.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Make sure to complete your profile, since that will help others determine if they'll get along with you enough to travel with :)

Use the search!

Lastly, summer is coming up so NV might be really hot, although the coast of California is nice almost year-around. are you planning on hitchhiking?

Peacemaker1234

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The name's Woodworm, and I am a NB homeless kid out of Minnesota planning on leaving the state.
I've been sleeping on some couches, even a spare bed or two, so luckily I never had to face winter outside, but I've been wanting to hit the road and see where life takes me now that I'm older. Been on my own since 16 and fortunately never been in the system. The reason for my lack of a more conventional lifestyle is probably caused by a lot of things, but I can't see myself being part of the masses either way.
I mostly read in my spare time, but I love watching the world as it continues on throughout the day, just seeing what happens. That, and sketching. Always enjoyed art.
While I do consider myself to be apolitical, I am an anarchist at heart and favor leftist views. Agnostic, but very spiritual.
I'm thinking of heading south, possibly Nevada or California, but I don't know where to start. While I do plan on going solo, the idea of joining a more experienced traveler or two sounds nice as well.
Cheers.
Welcome woodworm hope you have safe travels.

Reactions: JackSquat

woodworm

Reaction score
Make sure to complete your profile, since that will help others determine if they'll get along with you enough to travel with :)

Use the search!

Lastly, summer is coming up so NV might be really hot, although the coast of California is nice almost year-around. are you planning on hitchhiking?
Can do.
I've been contemplating hitchhiking, since I've done it before, but never for long distances, usually to the next town or so. I've never been bothered by the heat, so I'm not too worried.

Ed Meyer

Reaction score
Cheers.
If you hang around here often, you will likely see this suggestion repeatedly, For someone of your age with a wanderlust, you have 2 safe,(mostly), choices....Military or if you want more fun try travelling with a carnival for a season or 2...You may find out that you like it and make it a career. These days the pay is pretty good and you only really do hard work setting up and tearing down at each location...the other days are gravy.

• Agree
Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
Welcome to stp woodworm we're glad to have ya, Sorry for being late to the welcome wagon I joined after you did. If you're ever out in the pnw drop me a line and I'll help ya out with whatever you need if I can.
With gratitude, -ian

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First off... welcome to our wonderfully woodland worm named new member on a journey of freedom.

Keep your wits and wiggles about you... heh...

also

Welcome. I like to read in my spare time as well. Have you read anything especially good lately?

I am almost finished with "The Sirens of Titan"... and I have to say I am enjoying it almost as much as I did "Catch 22" the first time I read it.... though perhaps that is debatable.

Peace all.

:cool:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads