Hey... I'm Tara. And I'm awesome && from Charlotte, NC

Fever

Reaction score
I suppose I could, though I don't know every nook and cranny of the yard. I've been jumping at the chance to go down and look at everything up close instead of what I've seen from lingering around outside and looking at on the map but I haven't really had much time/incentive. I'd definitely love to, however. Oh! I have seen that yard! I'm not sure how far Rozzelle's Ferry runs. The CSX yard is near Brookshire in the kind of shady (but not as shady as it gets) part of town. Belmont is really quiet, isn't it? I really like that giant antique store over there- it's too expensive but it's fun to look around in.

stellaxtara

Reaction score
Yeah pretty quite. Loads of rednecks, hicks and old plantation blood... like no joke downtown belmont is full of the old plantation style houses... But everyones actually pretty friendly around here. Downtown is nice... generally quite. sometimes they have cool stuff goin on in stowe park in the spring/summer. Folk concerts and bluegrass shit... pretty decent. yeah i think i know that area I had no clue thats where the csx yard was though. I'm pretty sketch about checkin shit out by myself. I'd like to go with someone with the similar interest.

Fever

Reaction score
They used to have an Opry house in Belmont, didn't they? I've walked around downtown and I thought it was cute, but I don't think I'd like to live there. It is a lot better than Gastonia/ "Gas House" which is full of deranged biker crackheads and their juggalo children. I like York, SC so much better as far as small surrounding towns go.
I began to volunteer over in the Hoskins area just because the train yard was over there. Haha. Instead of answering the phones I'm lounging on the porch and watching the trains come in on most days. It's not really the place to be walking around by yourself...just a trip across the tracks to the Dollar General can warrant a couple cat calls but it's not bad when you're with someone else. I'd love to go explore though, if you think you'd like to. I haven't wanted to do it alone either.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads