Hey guys, lurking for a while, finally introducing myself!

Travis Kaminsky

Reaction score
Hey guys, im travis, currently traveling and serving with americorps, building houses with habitat for humanity for 6 weeks in conway AR. Was just in colorado before that. After this im planning on either doing a little rubber tramping or hitchhiking or trainhopping. Also if anyone wants to meet up on weekends while im in arkansas that would be greatly appreciated since work gets boring sometime and i wanna get out of this dry county.

PennyRiver

Reaction score
Hello there. Welcome. I'm glad to see anyone who is helping the world so don't worry about lurking. I don't speak for everyone but you're cool in my book :)

PennyRiver

Reaction score
I've heard good things about Americorps. The closest I've been was my home girl when I was in college. She felt that it was more of importance than regular season school. She is a n RN and I think Amrericorps was a change in the positive sense for her.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Travis! Cool avatar btw. I work at a community college that houses the Americorps for the Rochester NY community - I'm around them all the time and all what they do. Had one of our classes head down to NOLA a few years ago to work with Habitat with Humanity which turned out very well. Hopefully you'll meet up with one of the people here on your travels - try a post in our road dogs forum. And very cool work you do! :)

Reactions: PennyRiver

Travis Kaminsky

Reaction score
Well for those of you that are interested, im traveling, eating, and being housed by the program along with new clothes and boots and carhartts. so its a pretty sweet deal along with 200 bucks every 2 weeks. Last week we put down 2400 lbs of soil and sod on three lawns that were ripped up by a tornado last year. Tomorrow we are starting to lay down floors and put up sheetrock in a new home. Im living with 12 other people and im here for the next six week and then onto two 12 week projects. So far im having a blast, meeting great people and learning awesome skills, but it is only a 10 month program so i have to make some decisions as to what to do after. Want to continue traveling on the cheap most definitely. Suggestions welcome.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads