Hey Everyone! | Squat the Planet

Hey Everyone!

• Thread starter Deleted member 31170
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31170

Hey everybody! I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some new friends 😊 I go by cricket, as those were my favorite bugs growing up, there were so many where I lived.

I just started traveling on my own about a year ago, and so far have gone through about 5 states. I am coming from Texas (beautiful state, gross policies) and trying to get to northern California to see the redwoods. I was rubbertramping, but after running into the law, and having my car taken (for a possession charge, so silly, I have an attorney fighting for me though) I have decided that I would much rather be leathertramping as I would like to have nothing holding me back. And since I don't have a car, I have learned so muh being out here on the streets.

Before I started traveling, I was stuck in a small town full of wealthy individuals, so I have never met anyone with the same ideals I have. Hopefully I will make some friends here that share the same values and beliefs that I hold!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day 😇

Bibs

Reaction score
Welcome to stp cricket we're glad you're here, are you planning on visiting the high sierras or are you more interested in coastal redwoods?

D

Deleted member 31170

Welcome to stp cricket we're glad you're here, are you planning on visiting the high sierras or are you more interested in coastal redwoods?
Thank you so much! I haven't decided, maybe visit both parts lol. I'm more of a wanderer than a planner, so I may just end up visiting all over that region tbh.

Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I haven't decided, maybe visit both parts lol. I'm more of a wanderer than a planner, so I may just end up visiting all over that region tbh.
That's a good way to be, if you never have a schedule you can't ever be late. A word of caution though be careful up in the sierras around winter, they close off a lot of the roads and mountain passes, you could easily find yourself marooned up there.

D

Deleted member 31170

That's a good way to be, if you never have a schedule you can't ever be late. A word of caution though be careful up in the sierras around winter, they close off a lot of the roads and mountain passes, you could easily find yourself marooned up there.
Thank you so much for the advice, much appreciated !

D

Deleted member 31170

Welcome. Let me know if you're headed by way of northern Utah at any point and I'll see if I can help you along your way.
For sure! Noted, I'll let you know, may be a bit before I get to that part of the country, as I want to get rid of my car asap.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads