Hey! Anyone based around Sheffield, UK?

lkmrshll

Reaction score
I'm a student at the University of Sheffield and would be interested in hanging with anyone local.

I've been lurking this site for a couple days since I'm taking part in a charity hitchhike competition in a few weeks not only to raise money for some great charities but also see a bit of Europe and help build my self confidence. If it all goes well I'd like to try hitchhiking a lot more, as well as pay it forward when I eventually reach that stage in my life.

I've travelled around Europe a little bit before and Couchsurfed a couple times so I've got a tiny bit of experience to do with stuff like this. Seems kinda interesting.

:)

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Welcome to STP, I'm in the UK but I very rarely get as far north as Sheffield. There's definitely other people in the UK on here so hopefully someone will hit you up. You could also make a post in the road dogs and meet ups section.
https://squattheplanet.com/road-dogs/

Good luck with your hitchhiking mission. I've seen groups at services hitching for charity. Where do you have to get from/to?

lkmrshll

Reaction score
Welcome to STP, I'm in the UK but I very rarely get as far north as Sheffield. There's definitely other people in the UK on here so hopefully someone will hit you up. You could also make a post in the road dogs and meet ups section.
https://squattheplanet.com/road-dogs/

Good luck with your hitchhiking mission. I've seen groups at services hitching for charity. Where do you have to get from/to?

Awesome, I'm sure someone will be around. I'll check out that subforum too, cheers!

Thanks mate, got to get from Sheffield to Riga in about 9/10 days. My team have planned to go up North and get into Amsterdam from Newcastle rather than going South via Dover/Calais but other than that we're just gonna roll with the punches!

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
My team have planned to go up North and get into Amsterdam from Newcastle rather than going South via Dover/Calais but other than that we're just gonna roll with the punches!

That sounds like a much better idea than going through Dover/Calais. You'll waste time getting south and it seems around Calais can be a bit dodgy with security because of refugees trying to get to Britain.
Let us know how far you get :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads