Hey all!

kelz

Reaction score
So I actually joined up a few months ago but have been spending my time researching and reading others ideas and whatnot. I am currently in Toronto but the travel bug is biting me hard. The only thing holding me back is me. I have always felt like there's more out there for me and that I should seek it out. Unfortunately a few years ago I got into some trouble and a FTA in court has left me unable to apply for a passport. I have no intention in ever appearing to close up the matters I'm charged with but I still intend to travel, extensively. Crazy eh? Yeah I know. I have my own reasons which I can't explain in words. Ideally I would love to go overseas and explore Europe and Asia but the chances of me getting there passport-less are very slim although I'm sure still doable one way or another. My priority right now is going somewhere warmer as I am so done with Canadian winters. I have crossed the border into the U.S. Many times but never with a record and I know I will be stopped at any normal crossing. I have been looking into train hopping and other ways and was hoping for some tips on doing this from anyone that has knowledge or has done it themselves. I would very much appreciate. I also have a dog, an 8 yr old basset hound that is starting to age and I can't live without. I worry about her on the road and maybe that is what is truly holding me back. I live and travel minimalist and always put my dog first. I just can't help but worry about the "what ifs." If anyone is in or near T-O and wants to meet up or chat just HMU

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - thanks for registering and chiming in! :) And thanks for the researching here before asking about stuff - I dunno about a bassette, I know they can be heavy and while I have never hopped (hitched and long dist. bicycle) - I''ve watched many of these members and other vids of tossing dogs out and on to a rail car and - I'll let them respond. :) cool on you traveling though. Border without passport - I don't have one - so others can maybe respond as well. Either way have fun traveling!

Art101

Reaction score
Bassets are awesome dogs for sure.However if you are planning to catch out I wouldnt advise taking a basset especially on a train.Beside having to lift it up everywhere with those short legs it would mean a'lot work for the dog just getting around the yard and the access points..I dont see it being an issue hitching though;beside who doesnt love a basset.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads