Help others or bust (In U.S.A. inc) | Squat the Planet

Help others or bust (In U.S.A. inc)

Reaction score
Hello all. I hope you are all in a good place, especially mentally. I know that's not always possible and there are always people not doing well and that is what I want to address. Basically I want to find like minded people who want to be self sustainable and even be able to live pre 1800s style. Its a big ask but some cultures never stopped. I do know I can't do it alone and I do know I have so much to learn but I am willing and ready. I will hitchhike, train hop, walk, bus with a mask on even... just to connect with like minded people... I want to help all I can and that starts with helping myself a good amount. I don't know how to do anything really... I do need to give myself some credit though... I have done the research to know what the current state of the world is and where we are heading... and it is not good. I know some pretty good ways to help and now I just need to go do it. The problem is that money talks and I am broke. Its just another obstacle. I would love to learn to trap, forage, train hop, survive with the help of others. I don't want handouts... I want to put the work in but it will not all click quickly.. I do have age on my side (20, M) and that means I am ready to work hard and learn since I havent fucked up my body/brain with drugs/alcohol. I have smoked weed and drank (taken shrooms even) but I haven't really thought about these things ever since realizing the true state of the world. I know very basic survival skills that come with intuition but its mainly my want and ability to learn that sets me apart. Either way I will be attaining my goals, I just want others to walk the path with me. We can only try our best and we can live vibrantly along the way. It feels really good to help others... Its probably what heroin feels like lol. We can't help everyone though. We also need to be choosy as to who we approach etc... Some people are past help but we can try. One of the biggest problems other than most of society trusting the media, govt (pedos/psychopaths) etc is that we can't just tell people to squat... We can't just tell everyone we should want to work hard to be one with nature... It is a mindfuck to think about all thats going on and how to deal with it but we need to take some calculated risks and squatting to learn skills and set up communities seems like a needed risk... Some people, a lot of people, are thrown into horrific situations and we still need to try to see what they are going through... what they have gone through... It won't be easy but we need to stand up for others... We would want the same... plus we need all of the help we can get if you still haven't been sold on this idea.. Either way, we have to help the most we can and that includes being the best person you can be. We need to reach for that impossible feat of being the best person you can be and the more we try the better we do. I think it is essential we address the past, present and future and keep in mind perspective. We need to learn skills, gather resources and share... That includes knowledge about what's going on today. That is pretty much all I am good for lmao. I know about the great reset (world economic forum), Tuskegee experiments etc and there's no reason to trust the govt/media. Whether it's a king, Pharoah or a "democracy"... its all just covert slavery. Please let me know what y'all think. I am in Aurora, IL working dishes because its the only job I could find locally where I don't have to wear a muzzle 40 plus hours a week. I still have to wear it sometimes but its the least of what the government is doing. I still want to retreat to where its not in the picture though because then that would mean less fuckery from the government and there is no shortage of fuckery. I am getting put back on the street in a few days and I will be taking a bus to the west. Likely Arizona for the lack of mask mandates but I have no idea. Its not about where I go... Its about the people I find and online can be my best help so I am finally saying hello on here (parents kicked me out a couple weeks ago... staying with a friend I met on the road... long story but we don't see eye to eye and they eat up the media narratives yet don't even watch it lol). There are always people doing more with less and I just want to help all I can. I don't hate working hard, I hate being lied to and working a soul eating job while the wealthy kill and enslave the masses. I hate feeling like I'm not helping. It doesn't take much to help but I want to do more. Sadly many of the people who want to help humanity are just perpetuating their slow death... Thanks for reading all of that. Even if we just talk... I love you and hope you keep crushing your obstacles. Here's a picture of me and my friends from when we took a trip into nature (Glacier in Montana two years ago and I am in the red hat).
20210331_201428.jpg

• Love It
  • Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs and Spazz

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
It's great that you want to help people. That's admirable. I guess I've just become more of a misanthrope as I've gotten older. It's not that I hate people necessarily, it's just that I've learned I enjoy my own company (and dogs....dogs are fucking awesome) more often than being around others. I'd give someone the shirt off my back if they really needed it, but at the same time I'm not gonna go out and try and help everyone I meet. Call me cynical, but one lesson I learned living on the road is that a lot of people will just take advantage of your kindness if you let them. I think the majority of people could help themselves if they really wanted to, but most are just lazy and selfish. They don't want to make sacrifices, put in the hard work, etc. (I'm not talking about things like mental illness just so that's clear)

I'm doing my best to stay on top of my own shit. I just want to tend my garden, forage in the woods, be with my dog, accomplish my goals, and be left alone. Lol Learning to trap does sound fun.

Anyways, welcome to the site. And good luck on your journey. Just remember to be careful with who you invest yourself and your energy in out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bibs
Reaction score
It's great that you want to help people. That's admirable. I guess I've just become more of a misanthrope as I've gotten older. It's not that I hate people necessarily, it's just that I've learned I enjoy my own company (and dogs....dogs are fucking awesome) more often than being around others. I'd give someone the shirt off my back if they really needed it, but at the same time I'm not gonna go out and try and help everyone I meet. Call me cynical, but one lesson I learned living on the road is that a lot of people will just take advantage of your kindness if you let them. I think the majority of people could help themselves if they really wanted to, but most are just lazy and selfish. They don't want to make sacrifices, put in the hard work, etc. (I'm not talking about things like mental illness just so that's clear)

I'm doing my best to stay on top of my own shit. I just want to tend my garden, forage in the woods, be with my dog, accomplish my goals, and be left alone. Lol Learning to trap does sound fun.

Anyways, welcome to the site. And good luck on your journey. Just remember to be careful with who you invest yourself and your energy in out there.
Hey thanks for the reply. That’s one more hurdle I have to get over is being too trusting. I agree with everything you said and yet I am still going to try to help everyone since I feel like it’s necessary. I will go as far as to say that if you don’t stand up for others than nobody will stand up for you. Like you said, some people are dangerous or lazy etc and it makes it look like suicide but I still try. I haven’t been stabbed yet so that’s good. Seriously though, you just need to pick your battles and it’s never more important to speak up and take action. You have the right ideas but try and get more people in on it if you are up for it. Even a monthly meeting would be a good start. Groups give you less burden. I am using freedomcells.org to look. No luck yet. I am also working at an auto dealer almost every hour of the day so I am thinking I will have to keep doing it solo for a while.

Silentone4txBoy

Reaction score
Hello all. I hope you are all in a good place, especially mentally. I know that's not always possible and there are always people not doing well and that is what I want to address. Basically I want to find like minded people who want to be self sustainable and even be able to live pre 1800s style. Its a big ask but some cultures never stopped. I do know I can't do it alone and I do know I have so much to learn but I am willing and ready. I will hitchhike, train hop, walk, bus with a mask on even... just to connect with like minded people... I want to help all I can and that starts with helping myself a good amount. I don't know how to do anything really... I do need to give myself some credit though... I have done the research to know what the current state of the world is and where we are heading... and it is not good. I know some pretty good ways to help and now I just need to go do it. The problem is that money talks and I am broke. Its just another obstacle. I would love to learn to trap, forage, train hop, survive with the help of others. I don't want handouts... I want to put the work in but it will not all click quickly.. I do have age on my side (20, M) and that means I am ready to work hard and learn since I havent fucked up my body/brain with drugs/alcohol. I have smoked weed and drank (taken shrooms even) but I haven't really thought about these things ever since realizing the true state of the world. I know very basic survival skills that come with intuition but its mainly my want and ability to learn that sets me apart. Either way I will be attaining my goals, I just want others to walk the path with me. We can only try our best and we can live vibrantly along the way. It feels really good to help others... Its probably what heroin feels like lol. We can't help everyone though. We also need to be choosy as to who we approach etc... Some people are past help but we can try. One of the biggest problems other than most of society trusting the media, govt (pedos/psychopaths) etc is that we can't just tell people to squat... We can't just tell everyone we should want to work hard to be one with nature... It is a mindfuck to think about all thats going on and how to deal with it but we need to take some calculated risks and squatting to learn skills and set up communities seems like a needed risk... Some people, a lot of people, are thrown into horrific situations and we still need to try to see what they are going through... what they have gone through... It won't be easy but we need to stand up for others... We would want the same... plus we need all of the help we can get if you still haven't been sold on this idea.. Either way, we have to help the most we can and that includes being the best person you can be. We need to reach for that impossible feat of being the best person you can be and the more we try the better we do. I think it is essential we address the past, present and future and keep in mind perspective. We need to learn skills, gather resources and share... That includes knowledge about what's going on today. That is pretty much all I am good for lmao. I know about the great reset (world economic forum), Tuskegee experiments etc and there's no reason to trust the govt/media. Whether it's a king, Pharoah or a "democracy"... its all just covert slavery. Please let me know what y'all think. I am in Aurora, IL working dishes because its the only job I could find locally where I don't have to wear a muzzle 40 plus hours a week. I still have to wear it sometimes but its the least of what the government is doing. I still want to retreat to where its not in the picture though because then that would mean less fuckery from the government and there is no shortage of fuckery. I am getting put back on the street in a few days and I will be taking a bus to the west. Likely Arizona for the lack of mask mandates but I have no idea. Its not about where I go... Its about the people I find and online can be my best help so I am finally saying hello on here (parents kicked me out a couple weeks ago... staying with a friend I met on the road... long story but we don't see eye to eye and they eat up the media narratives yet don't even watch it lol). There are always people doing more with less and I just want to help all I can. I don't hate working hard, I hate being lied to and working a soul eating job while the wealthy kill and enslave the masses. I hate feeling like I'm not helping. It doesn't take much to help but I want to do more. Sadly many of the people who want to help humanity are just perpetuating their slow death... Thanks for reading all of that. Even if we just talk... I love you and hope you keep crushing your obstacles. Here's a picture of me and my friends from when we took a trip into nature (Glacier in Montana two years ago and I am in the red hat). View attachment 65462
Hey, how's it going? I totally agree with the idea of helping others in need. It's how I spend most of my time and the main reason I travel...gets old helping the same people over and over lol(unless they're part of the group). Have you made it to AZ? I'm currently in Bullhead City having the time of my life. If you happen to be in the area maybe we can link up.
Have a great day and safe travels!

Bibs

Reaction score
Warms my heart to see another altruist out there, especially when so many folks are filled with hate and vitriol but this life does engender some people to that way of thinking, sad as it is. Keep that golden heart of yours and you'll go far, but like iamwhatiam said guard yourself against those who would take advantage of ya. If you're ever out in the Pacific northwest drop a line and I'll share what I got.
With gratitude, -Ian

Reactions: zofie zundown
Reaction score
Hey, how's it going? I totally agree with the idea of helping others in need. It's how I spend most of my time and the main reason I travel...gets old helping the same people over and over lol(unless they're part of the group). Have you made it to AZ? I'm currently in Bullhead City having the time of my life. If you happen to be in the area maybe we can link up.
Have a great day and safe travels!
Yo, thanks for the reply! I am doing good but everyday I think about packing a bag and running to the woods. Learning mechanics is helpful but I keep wondering how I will learn all of the things I want to learn at this rate. Also, I almost took a greyhound bus to Arizona but I chose TN instead. It was too much money and I had a better idea as to what TN would be like for a homeless dude. I am doing good now though, I just dont want to be complacent. I'll hit you up when I make it over there. Assuming I have internet and a phone

Reaction score
Warms my heart to see another altruist out there, especially when so many folks are filled with hate and vitriol but this life does engender some people to that way of thinking, sad as it is. Keep that golden heart of yours and you'll go far, but like iamwhatiam said guard yourself against those who would take advantage of ya. If you're ever out in the Pacific northwest drop a line and I'll share what I got.
With gratitude, -Ian
Hey, thanks for the reply! I will definitely connect with you when I make it over there, thanks!

Reactions: Bibs

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads