Help needed on DIY backpack project.

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
Hello everybody,

Recently I posted a DIY backpack project (Linyera Backpack Project) and been traveling around with it successfully. Now im stayin for long in Oslo and decided to make a new version with what I have learned. Considering that I got now a sewing machine and loads of recycled materials, the idea now is making one from scratch.

Im considering to study backpack ergonomics, but im having a hard time finding any serious document / book / article / etc that talks about it, aiming at traveling backpacks (most just talk about school backpacks) I will keep on trying, but it doesn't hurt to ask for advice or links :) so if you can point at something that will enlighten me on the subject, please!

Any other comment, advice or whatever is more than welcome btw! thanks!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
heh - closest thing I found was this http://lifehacker.com/how-to-design-and-sew-a-backpack-1598587633

But for the most part there were all sorts of little girly kinda things or taking existing small pack/bag and embellishing it.

Thought I found one because I saw a pvc frame - but what it was was a frame that fit in existing backpack with external pvc pipe firmly attached to frame to mount a gopro camera. oh well (was kinda cool looking though).

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
Just reverse engineer an old fjallraven kanken.
I have been thinking so much about those backpacks! in Norway its insane how all of a sudden everybody threw away their backpacks (im in their trash constantly) and then massive ammounts of fjallraven kanken's showed up! thei are the most basic and serialized shit around, how was it marketed so that everybody fell into it so quickly?

also, this brand called HH or something, same shit all over Europe, almost instantly.

JanKrusz

Reaction score
Just buy or dump dive a simple tourist pack and modify it to your needs . BTW HH gear is made mostly in CHINA and TAIWAN and then finished in Norway . And its piece of shit , unmodifiable and expensive as fuck .

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads