Helo~ I am clit deep in my travels & I want more!!!1

phantomcat

Reaction score
yaooo I am Liz, 28, non binary gendered, musician/singer, artist, sociophonetician, leftist antifa queer scum, currently in Colorado and have been traveling by van since May. I'm here to find comradery, wisdom, and maybe travel buds or like-minded frends to visit and eat pizza with in different places.

Ok first of all shoutout to my partner for turning me on to @Matt Derrick 's anarchists guide to travel, and so obviously shoutout to the author himself for writing it because reading it was the final nudge I needed to go and experience this lifestyle fully. Thank!

Anyway.. I just graduated grad school.. Yeaaa I'm a published scholar from Georgetown university and what do I do? Sell my shit and split. I honestly never wanted that 9-5 basic ass suburban life with the career and the house and the kids and the listlessness and the marriage drama and the slow decay... but after living in DC/MD for 3 years I also realized big city hustle life isn't for me. I'm rly a deep nature kinda person. Buuuut I'm a musician so I need the city. I guess I prefer to spend greater time periods in nature and pass through and enjoy cities when I like. I do still miss and love my hometown of Detroit, and I rly enjoyed the month I stayed in Berlin, but generally I stay in nature (thx BLM).

I've been moving around since I was 18 but now at 28 I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do: just fucking GO. You kno, sum of that goalless meandering type traveling. I'm off my psych meds and the happiest I've been in years diving in dumpsters and washing myself in rivers and playin guitar for the stars. Eventually I'll want to be semi-rooted somewhere to start up a new band and get some other things going, but for now the freedom of nothing is everything.
Thx 4 reading~~

D

Deleted member 14481

You're so well written! Happy to have people like you on this site! Goodness knows we need smart AND wise people, and I believe you'll fit right in - if you stick around!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
fuck yeah, that's a great intro, thanks for sharing! i hope StP proves useful to you and helps create some awesome connections! thank you for the props on the book, it was a lot of work, but it felt great to get something like that done! it fills me with glee to know people are reading it and finding it useful.

does your partner have an account here? also, have you seen our plans for the jamboree? you should come out!

phantomcat

Reaction score
fuck yeah, that's a great intro, thanks for sharing! i hope StP proves useful to you and helps create some awesome connections! thank you for the props on the book, it was a lot of work, but it felt great to get something like that done! it fills me with glee to know people are reading it and finding it useful

::asshat::::asshat::::asshat::<3

[QUOTE="does your partner have an account here? also, have you seen our plans for the jamboree? you should come out![/QUOTE]

I think he had an account but I'm not sure if he's active or still uses it at all. I'll ask him when I sees him next. And yes I need to look into the jamboree cuz that would b a friggen blast!!!

PeaceLoveHarmony

Reaction score
yaooo I am Liz, 28, non binary gendered, musician/singer, artist, sociophonetician, leftist antifa queer scum, currently in Colorado and have been traveling by van since May. I'm here to find comradery, wisdom, and maybe travel buds or like-minded frends to visit and eat pizza with in different places.

Ok first of all shoutout to my partner for turning me on to @Matt Derrick 's anarchists guide to travel, and so obviously shoutout to the author himself for writing it because reading it was the final nudge I needed to go and experience this lifestyle fully. Thank!

Anyway.. I just graduated grad school.. Yeaaa I'm a published scholar from Georgetown university and what do I do? Sell my shit and split. I honestly never wanted that 9-5 basic ass suburban life with the career and the house and the kids and the listlessness and the marriage drama and the slow decay... but after living in DC/MD for 3 years I also realized big city hustle life isn't for me. I'm rly a deep nature kinda person. Buuuut I'm a musician so I need the city. I guess I prefer to spend greater time periods in nature and pass through and enjoy cities when I like. I do still miss and love my hometown of Detroit, and I rly enjoyed the month I stayed in Berlin, but generally I stay in nature (thx BLM).

I've been moving around since I was 18 but now at 28 I'm finally doing what I've always wanted to do: just fucking GO. You kno, sum of that goalless meandering type traveling. I'm off my psych meds and the happiest I've been in years diving in dumpsters and washing myself in rivers and playin guitar for the stars. Eventually I'll want to be semi-rooted somewhere to start up a new band and get some other things going, but for now the freedom of nothing is everything.
Thx 4 reading~~
Mother Earth provides all our wants and needs. Much loveee and safe travels.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads