Hello

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
My name is Amanda. My family and I are travelers and came across this site randomly. We will be leaving on a cross country trip shortly, hopefully I can make some new friends to meet up with along the way :)

AlyKat

Reaction score
Hey there! Glad you've found the site well. There is a wealth of knowledge here! I wish you well on your journey and godspeed! You are sure to meet loads of people on the way if anything is true of traveling. And from what I have observed, there are some really good people here. Have fun, enjoy your stay and all of that :D We'll see you out there, stay safe.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the site! where are you traveling to?

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
Thanks guys! We will be traveling from FL to CA...not using highway 8 though...were gonna go up through OK then to KS and CO and to N. CA and then down to the south.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sweet, i just drove all the way up from slab city, ca to portland, or via the 101. it's beautiful. im heading back down the same way again in a few weeks. are you going to be in south cali for a while?

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
We'll probably be in between san diego and slab city for awhile. We have a boat to stay on near ocean beach and a travel trailer to park wherever. I haven't been to portland yet but I want to, it looks amazing in pictures.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Portland is a cool town, I love slab city though. Are you going out there?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
we should totally hang out since ill most likely be there for a few weeks in august & september! what does your family do that takes you all around the country?

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
For sure dude! We do whatever. We are just nomads really. My husband was crab fishing here in the keys but the seasons over now...its so boring lol. We'll be selling stuff and doing whatever odd jobs on the road. In san diego we have some connections for work and just know a bunch of people, so were gonna go see what we can do. I want to open some kind of art co-op warehouse thing but that wont happen for while.....only time will tell lol. What about you, what do you do?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i just work odd jobs usually, my last job was running food out to customers at a movie theater in austin, tx. right now im unemployed for the next three months, helping a friend make a movie, which is pretty awesome and exciting since it's always something ive wanted to do (im a serious moviephile).

K

katbastard

how is that bacon house coming along? and if you and mike dont bring me that jar of cold air when you come down here i will be sad!

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
That's awesome matt! I love movies, would love to make one. Theres a movie theater here like that, they only play one movie every month and serve beer....ive never been though lol.

Kat- It's coming along nicely lol...it might be more of a shack though haha. And don't worry I wont forget!

Mike Legend

Reaction score
48 oz of bacon $16.00
a shit ton of eggs $5.00
having your own bacon house ...... priceless

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads