Hello

S

shibashakes

Hello Everyone,

I've been a "lurker" for a bit so I made a profile, everyone on the site seems very friendly and helpful.

About me, I have had a bunch of rich people do some fucked up shit to my brain and body and I am still trying to recover. I am trying to teach overseas but I don't know if I am going to be able to do so.

Have questions in regards to squatting, how to give up my identity or what to do about bills, what do you guys do?

I am currently living with my parents cannot find a decent job and I am afraid of my mom calling the cops on me while I try to pursue the vagabond life.. if anyone could give me a suggestion on what to do about that it's probably one of the biggest issues I am facing.

I would like to save money to buy a cheap van to live in but it would take me a couple of years, which I really don't know if I can take.

Ideally I would like a van and then take it to slab city and then get up to the pnw after some time

At the same time, I am thinking of just waiting for winter to be over and buying a nice camping backpack and just hitch hiking, I really don't know what to do all I think about is what these fucking rich people did to me and would like to vagabond.

Also where do people in slab poop/pee do they have private areas in their spots ? Just curious.

I am just pretty frustrated with life any suggestions/input would be great, I can't really do much until winter is over tho I guess.

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
About me, I have had a bunch of rich people do some fucked up shit to my brain and body and I am still trying to recover. I am trying to teach overseas but I don't know if I am going to be able to do so.

Have questions in regards to squatting, how to give up my identity?
I am afraid of my mom calling the cops on me while I try to pursue the vagabond life.. if anyone could give me a suggestion on what to do about that

I really don't know what to do all I think about is what these fucking rich people did to me

Hi welcome. Maybe if you could elaborate more on your situation, people could help more clearly.

As for giving up your identity, there are plenty of illegal immigrants that will buy your social security card so they can work legitimately.

Your idea of getting a van seems like a great way to get on the road in a semi stable environment while still having your freedom.

Bedheadred

Reaction score
Van life is the best, I was able to trade for mine so I didn't have to spend any money. Sometimes you can get lucky, just have to start looking in the right places or meet the right people willing to help you out. Good luck and welcome

T

tacology

Hi! Welcome!

First off; who are these rich people and what did they do to you!?

Try to limit your bills as much as possible. If you end up hitching you can literally have no bills and just scrounge money for food. With a van there will be the obvious - insurance (unless you fake the papers), gas, maintenance, etc.

I would suggest taking any job that comes to you so you could have some sort of money whether leaving sooner or later.

There's a ton of people in the Ride Board that could probably even help you get to Slab City, you should definitely check out the threads.

A

AlwaysLost

I'd burn my social security before I sold it. You don't want people running scams with your identity that is just me though. Cleaning up ID theft is giant fuggin hassle.

ChezaRose

Reaction score
Website
www.chezarose.com
Rich people can suck pretty bad sometimes and I'm sorry they had harmed you.

On the road personally I like to busk. I wont say it necessarily makes more then spanging but, for me there is a comfort in it, sort of a bridge between me and the other person but like a window as well where they are less scary.

But spanging, busking and flying signs are the big ones for on the road finance. But there is always the option of trying to sell any of your art or crafts.

Personally I dont have any bills I have to worry about. I'm just really, really bad at normal life >.>

Waiting for winter to be over might be a good idea if you have any health concerns about it or are not entirely fond of it. Also personally I like the cold ten fold more then I like the heat. I figure you can always put more on or make cuddles but at a point you can't really take more off yah know? But that is entirely subjective.

If you want a van and you can get a van get a van. Rubber tramping has a lot of benefits in my opinion. There's just the drawback of cost. But I mean, hey.

I'm no where near as typically experienced as others here. But I've done both and rubber tramping is my prefered method.

What I am going to say, above anything else, is listen to your heart.

I left an abusive household the last time I traveled and I didn't even really want to, and it totally ended up saving my life in a lot of ways. The heart knows what it wants.

If you're not happy, change your stars. Even adopt a naked red head if you want, I hear they are good performers. (a knights tale)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and I looked earlier and was going to chime in as to let other member enter their comments on getting out there etc - and they did - and cool. At the slab there are at least two (that I ahem visited) outhouses there. There is no running water or sewage - but these places are ok and use wood fire ash in the base (no chemicals) so yeah I asked about this too :)

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Minivans can be had for $1000-2000 all day. I got a Dodge caravan for $1400 that's pretty nice. I will either get a cheap pop-up or a little canopy when I leave out next.

Garminbozia

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to StP. It sounds like you're already ahead of the game. You have some plans formulated...What do you mean by "giving up" your identity? And what issue would be there if your mom called the cops on you if you left? Are you a minor? If you are a minor, I would suggest not going nomadic giving your situation. I can only imagine what happened to you by these rich people is not being mended by your mom and being there isn't helping. If you're a minor, in reality you're still under her thumb because she can call the cops on you as a run away. I don't know the whole situation, but just based off of what you write there might be a better route to take before you venture off as a vagabond. Emancipation, etc. Also, if you're not a minor and are able to just leave, have you looked into seasonal jobs? Ski resorts, gas stations at national parks, I work a seasonal job on a processing boat in Alaska, so I can tell you a thing or two about that.

Considering what you write too, are you ok?

S

shibashakes

I am being made fun of in a major tv show, I cannot take the shame of getting a minimum wage job only to turn on the television and watch myself being made fun of.
They continue to harass me in a no touch torture kind of way.
Everything I say or do is recorded.
I have no social media, any online forums they join as well to harass me, the account member "dark cloud" is one of them.
They just want to berate me to a pulp I guess and it's working I have no will left in life. They want me to appear crazy and kill myself
I think getting to slabs or new orleans is my best bet.
I had a seasonal job but this shit seemed to follow me(PTSD) and now I am back at my parents, not underage
I am afraid my mom will call the cops on me claiming i'm "unstable" (PTSD) because nobody believes me and I am trapped in the fucking twilight zone, my parents know what they did to me but deny it to my face telling me I am crazy and or need to see a doctor, I cannot live like this anymore. I got no explanations as to why they did what they did to me. I don't want to live without my dog but I have zero money and ya I can say I really don't want to be alive, my mother is a fucking liar and I hate her, because of all these people I have no emotions of "happy" I haven't felt normal since June

It's easier to broke and homeless in warm weather so I am looking at florida, new orleans, or slabs, but what happened to me happened in la(cant tell you wouldn't believe me anyways), I wonder if strange things will happen to me while in slabs.

I know this all sounds like horse shit, well it's not its a nightmare Im living every fucking day and I dont' know what to do.

Ive thought about going to Alaska for a fishing job but it seems like I wont be able to until the summer?

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
What???? That's fucked up :(

If I wasn't penniless I'd be out there too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads