Hello

Schala

Reaction score
I'm obviously new here. I'm a 31 year old female and I've been out of work for nearly 5 years. I worked at the shithole known as Home Depot for 10 years, Pizza Hut on the side, and just couldn't handle it any more. The monotony, the sexism, the corruption...just everything. I decided I wanted to travel, so I filled my favorite messenger bag with necessities (mostly water and female products, which I found were actually pretty easy to get on the road) and found a fellow I knew well who was travelling to Topeka (I was in St. Louis at the time). I decided it was as good a place as any, so I ended up in Kansas. After pretty much ping-ponging around for about two years, I ended up back in Missouri.

I'm currently staying with my mother, helping her out and...obtaining extra money and things for her in slightly less than legal ways. She's disabled and can't get much government help because fuck the government. I managed to get on EBT food stamps, so I buy our food. I'm dying to get back out there...our house is fairly nice, but it's just cramped compared to...everywhere. If I didn't love my mother so much, I would be elsewhere. I'm kind of just glad she never questions where the $500+ in Blu-Rays/DVDs a month come from...we just get to sit around and binge watch our favorite shows. Or how our dogs always have the best, most expensive dog food out there, despite EBT not covering dog food. Thank the gods for idiot cashiers who don't look in the bottom of the cart and self checkout. Cramped, boring, but for now, content and well fed/entertained.

Also something else making it hard to leave...I got a sliding fee agreement with a local Comtrea (for psychiatric help) and I get 3 refills of 90 pills of 2mg Klonopin every three months. It's hard to leave when you're getting nearly-free relaxation pills. My mother also gets the opiate Tramadol (a weak one) and Cyclobenzaprine, a nice muscle relaxer. $25 a month for all that makes it hard to want to leave, even though I could probably find a Comtrea on the road that would refill my medication just by checking my files. Mother's pills are all free, thanks to her husband (I refuse to call that abusive asshole my father) having worked at Glaxco-Smithkline for nearly 40 years.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads