Hello!

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
www.fireandsliceproductions.com
Nice to meet everybody! I'm a 39 year old computer programmer and part time sideshow performer who was tired of being broke while living a normal life due to huge debts, and I decided to be happy instead while living on the road with the love of my life and her daughter in a cargo trailer some 8 months ago.

Since then we've been boondocking, homeschooling and seeing the country one forest, desert or parking lot at a time while paying down the debt and living within our means for real as rubber tramps. We've met all kinds of people on the road, even some other families living in busses. It's been wonderful.

We are slowly working out how to keep doing our sideshow acts. We used to do stage shows a lot, and it is hard when you don't have childcare to do shows at clubs and tattoo conventions. We figure we can switch things up to do street shows or circle shows, but we are taking our time with it. We figure some of the tourist traps might like a pair of chicks who eat fire and juggle with their little girl passing the hat ;-) Until then, I can work remotely, writing code for web APIs and whatnot, and my boss even knows I live like this.

I look forward to learning a ton from people on these boards, and hope to meet and share with more folks all the time.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool and welcome to STP! - Sideshow ay - that is awesome! - lots of people traveling right now and I hope you meet up with some of them - ooooo also keep in mind our big once a year Jamboree at the Slabs in Niland CA (there's a link here on the right side) - lots of cool people, artists, and just some cool ass people too. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Very cool and welcome to STP! - Sideshow ay - that is awesome! - lots of people traveling right now and I hope you meet up with some of them - ooooo also keep in mind our big once a year Jamboree at the Slabs in Niland CA (there's a link here on the right side) - lots of cool people, artists, and just some cool ass people too. :)

@wickedwench ha, i was going to say the same thing, you should come perform at our jamboree! that's amazing you're doing that for a living and on the road...

https://squattheplanet.com/fest

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Dmac

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, and welcome to STP. Did you do an interview for a you tube channel a while back? I watched a video interview awhile ago and could swear it was with you. 2 women and a daughter Rubber tramping with an enclosed cargo trailer (type with a door on the side) decked out for living with a cool "club house" space made under the bed, for the daughter to play and sleep. Inside the trailer had a cool gypsy feel, lots of stuff hanging from the ceiling. just wondering.

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
Thanks for posting, and welcome to STP. Did you do an interview for a you tube channel a while back? I watched a video interview awhile ago and could swear it was with you. 2 women and a daughter Rubber tramping with an enclosed cargo trailer (type with a door on the side) decked out for living with a cool "club house" space made under the bed, for the daughter to play and sleep. Inside the trailer had a cool gypsy feel, lots of stuff hanging from the ceiling. just wondering.
Yup that was us!

Reactions: Dmac

wickedwench

Reaction score
Website
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I don't know if we will make it to the Jamboree at this point, but you never know! We did make it to the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous this year, and that was awesome. I imagine the Slabs are pretty cozy in October.

About pics, the website listed on my profile (fireandsliceproductions.com) has a bunch of pics, some from our shows and some from photo shoots we did. We'll post stuff here and there, I'm sure.

Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads