Hello!

Birdie

Reaction score
My name is Izzy! You can call me Bird if you want to.

I have been into traveling/movement my whole life. my mom and I didn't get along and she bailed when I was twelve so I never really had much of a female figure in my life. My dad wasn't much better so books, movies, and tv basically raised me. The great thing about having few ties is that it's a premium set up for the adventurer's lifestyle! I tried college, hated it, and dropped out after two sememsters. I worked at a shit job and had the plan to save up whatever wasn't going to student loans. The plan was thrown out the window when I met a traveler who stayed at my place for a week. I fell in love with them and their free range of motion. I quit my job soon after my loans were paid off with two paychecks to live on. Easy peasy, since by that time I was homeless and sleepimg in the housekeeping closet at work. I also had gotten rid of almost all of my stuff. I never mentioned any of this to my family.

Thus, my adventuring days began November of 2014! I bombed down to Hollywood with a few friends and they dropped me off in the middle of San Fran. I just got back from a crazy month that included: protesting, communes, a threesome, bubble tea, train hoppimg, hitchhiking, intoxication before noon, sleepin on sidewalks, punching a guy in the throat, and taking care of a puppy. I met a lot of wonderful people, saw some really beautiful stuff, learned a lot more than I did at school and my life feels like it's only just begun.

So yeah, nice to meet you all!​

Kal

Reaction score
Cool and welcome to S.T.P and I agree I have learned more by traveling than I did in school. Be careful and safe out there.

Ivylust

Reaction score
Holy shit Izzy, shocked as hell to see you on here :p
I know you're not a big fan of me but hell I don't care.
I think it's really cool that your living a life of adventure, sounds like you've been having a good time.
Last time I saw you was at that Thai place. kinda awk wasn't it hahaha
Really hated it at GHC and got tired of being in the same area with the same sorta routine
Told my mom that I was going to woofing (world wide opportunities working on organic farms)
hehe peace
went down and up the coast, visiting my dad for christmas atm. Getting back on the road in janaury, hopefully with a cute road dog.
Just wanted to say hi since I saw your post, couldn't resist myself.
You're a cutie and obviously have some wanderlust in ya :D
Definitely would like to travel or even hangout sometime, and happy holidayz!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Awesome Intro Izzy! Sounds like you have your traveling plans in place - and looking forward to what you can do. STP has a huge amount of information for travelers - cool places to see, links to cool places to go, stuff to use or not use - it's here. Have fun and stay safe, sounds like you have it under control.

Reactions: Birdie

Birdie

Reaction score
Holy shit Izzy, shocked as hell to see you on here :p
I know you're not a big fan of me but hell I don't care.
I think it's really cool that your living a life of adventure, sounds like you've been having a good time.
Last time I saw you was at that Thai place. kinda awk wasn't it hahaha
Really hated it at GHC and got tired of being in the same area with the same sorta routine
Told my mom that I was going to woofing (world wide opportunities working on organic farms)
hehe peace
went down and up the coast, visiting my dad for christmas atm. Getting back on the road in janaury, hopefully with a cute road dog.
Just wanted to say hi since I saw your post, couldn't resist myself.
You're a cutie and obviously have some wanderlust in ya :D
Definitely would like to travel or even hangout sometime, and happy holidayz!
Duuuuuude. Lol
I'm down! You know where to find me. :)

Reactions: Ivylust

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Im so gllad you were able to see the opportunity available in your circumstances. In time you may come to find crazy shit is pretty much the norm on the road.

days up and down they come... forget most remember some, but don't turn none away"

Birdie

Reaction score
It really is and I love alllll of it bad and good. I realized this may be the closest I'll ever get having a "routine." Har har.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I second that throat punch... heheha...
Maybe refine it to a wicked karate chop?

Welcome. Happy travels and happy holidays.

bobf

Reaction score
since your young keep in mind that college is over rated. but keep an eye on some type of skill/trade you can get into. if you are interested inone just goto the boss and tell him you'll work for min wage to learn the trade. also there is school free at Khanacadem.com online. Good luck my friend

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads