hello

S

sporadicghost

been lookin around this site for a while, appreciating all the advice and resources, figured it polite to introduce myself and say my thanks. i'm another liberal arts reject- aimlessly attended a private school and gained nothing from the experience aside from a massive student loan debt and a pretty piece of paper. that, and i can still drunkenly spew a handful of russian cuss words to the admiration of barflys everywhere. had some shit luck recently and moved back with mom- a painfully ego-deflating experience for someone nearly 30, no matter how many folks have told me they've "been there before." was really hungry walking home from my bullshit job a few weeks ago, hadn't been paid yet and mom's hubby doesn't want me eating their food, so i stopped at the burger king and convinced them to give me a couple of sandwiches that were heading to the dumpster. Chewing on my cheeseburger, i stopped dead in my tracks and remembered the last time i was actually happy- it was when i had been kicked out of school for a spell, living on the streets without a care in the world other than which dumpsters had the freshest food, which ashtrays had the best cig butts. it occured to me that that was the only time in my life i was stress-free. not challenge-free...but stress- stress is getting up for work when you don't want to, coffee stains on dress shirts, paying bills, clipping coupons, rush hour traffic. stress is a product of society, not survival. so...fuck it. been gathering my supplies, waiting on one final paycheck friday and heading out monday. happy travels to all, i look forward to meeting some of ya along the way.

Katie90

Reaction score
How do you travel with student loan debt? I'm in the same boat, but I'm still a student so I don't have to start paying them back yet. Aren't they going to come after you? Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck on all your adventures!

JackieBlue

Reaction score
How do you travel with student loan debt? I'm in the same boat, but I'm still a student so I don't have to start paying them back yet. Aren't they going to come after you? Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck on all your adventures!

they will come after you no matter what.....but they have to find yo ass first!!!!!

happy trails sporadic ghost!

E

Earth

You hit on a couple of interesting things, and the saddest of them all is when it's time to grow up...
That's the differece between being a kid (totally stress free) vs an adult (responsibilities, stress, etc...)

I got lucky - even though I was on my own by 22 and had my own house by 27; I did not grow up
until age 40, about 7 years ago...............

Believe me, it sucks - but it's also life.

Oh, by the way - stress has nothing to do with society, it's what you make of it...
Stress is dealing with things you don't like, as opposed to running away from them.

Hope you have fun on your journey through this game of life...
Cheers!!

japanarchist

Reaction score
Contact you loan provider and let them know that you're unemployed and unable to make payments. They should allow you to do a forbearance in which you can postpone making payments for about 6 months. Or you could just say fuck it, crack open a 4loko, and wait on the revolution and hope that all the banks and student loan debt information is destroyed.

menu

Reaction score
all it is is debt. creditors wont literally come after you obviously. if you dont like the idea of debt or are concerned for your credit score then I think the answer is obvious. dont fuck it up. ya know?

menu

Reaction score

this is what I was hitting on

S

sporadicghost

guess i can't reply on my phone, hence the blank above. what i tried to say is...no such thing as debtors prison anymore, but if you want to save your credit, yes- forbearance is one option and usually the only option for private loans, but for federal loans you can get an economic hardship deferment and keep it going for as long as you claim zero income. note: deferment always better then forbearance.

JackieBlue

Reaction score
guess i can't reply on my phone, hence the blank above. what i tried to say is...no such thing as debtors prison anymore, but if you want to save your credit, yes- forbearance is one option and usually the only option for private loans, but for federal loans you can get an economic hardship deferment and keep it going for as long as you claim zero income. note: deferment always better then forbearance.

some states do have debtors prison. new hampshire is one of them. but the deferment/forebearance options are best. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads