Hello STP!

LavenderSage

Reaction score
Hello!,
My name is Ashlyn, and I'm new here. I guess this is where I tell a little about myself, I'm pretty passionate and have a lot of strong opinion, as I know most you do. I don't like supporting things I don't believe, and believe in supporting things I do. I've always wanted to this, I've done some solo traveling, but would defiantly consider myself a newbie. I'm aware this is my choice, so I understand if some might feel some hostility towards me. I'm burring a few bridges doing this, but its what I've wanted. The main thing forcing me into this is my perception and I'm sure like many I'm probably running away from, or looking for something. I'm sure I'll make some mistakes, but my overall goal is to be as beneficial to the community as I can. I still don't have all the resources I feel I will need (like a backpack or decent shoes), but I'll make it work. As soon as I accomplish this I plan on heading out, I'm not sure where, I don't care too much, and am open to suggestions. I'm still unsure about traveling with someone or solo. I plan to travel by hitchhiking, and eventually train (the last thing I want is to screw everyone over by being an idiot). Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet, and get to know some of you along the way, anyways thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: wizehop and todd

Georgeez

Reaction score
Lavender and Sage.. I have both of those in my pack!
Along with peppermint and a few herbal tinctures.
(burning sage makes the bugs go away and i suppose uh.. demons too)
Anyways, hello!!
Are you heading out once you get your backpack and other supplies?
I'm heading South right meow
Thinking about staying in Slab City until the end of winter but you never know what life has in store!
How's the weather in your part of Cali??

Reactions: todd

LavenderSage

Reaction score
Lavender and Sage.. I have both of those in my pack!
Along with peppermint and a few herbal tinctures.
(burning sage makes the bugs go away and i suppose uh.. demons too)
Anyways, hello!!
Are you heading out once you get your backpack and other supplies?
I'm heading South right meow
Thinking about staying in Slab City until the end of winter but you never know what life has in store!
How's the weather in your part of Cali??
That's awesome, and good to know about Sage repelling insects! Yup, that's the plan, I'm expecting everything to fall into place around May, I wish I could get things together sooner though, but that's just how it is right now. At least it gives me more time to wise up/find supplies, Anyways the weather has been pretty nice here lately, definitely cooling down with light rain.

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. If you are looking for a quite area to do some thinking and reflecting, may I suggest coming up to Canada, ....there are several smaller islands off Vancouver Island in BC, with populations of 2-6 thousand. You will meet alot of kind people and a whole lot of stoner hippies. Cortez island has always been one of my fave in the summer. . . .also on most of the small islands, people always pick up hitch hikers, I rarely waited more then 2 or 3 cars.
Anywho, welcome to the site, and safe travels

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads