Hello STP! | Squat the Planet

Hello STP!

Cristian

Reaction score
well basically i want to start traveling, i'm kinda sick of the home-life/taking everything for granted...i just want to try out an adventure to basically anywhere...i've done abando's before, and i had no problem with that for about 3 months. i'm 19 years old, and i don't play any instruments but i like to sing (dunno if i'm any good, but i think i am) i am down for basically whatever, i eat hardly anything so its not like i'm always hungry either. so if theres anything else you want to know, hit me up! (and i know its the same one off my personal shit, i was lazy :D

K

Kim Chee

Welcome. I see you're near oceanside. Consider staying somewhere that isn't too cold unless you've been outside in the cold before and know what
you're in for. Anywhere from San Diego to SF would probably be tolerable weather-wise, anywhere inland is going to get pretty cold (if it already isn't so).
By late spring check out some far flung places you wouldn't consider staying in the winter. btw: your metabolism/appetite is going to go through the
roof when you hit the road (get used to dumpster divin':).)

Cristian

Reaction score
thanks everyone for inviting me! and i really want to know if anyone would want to go up the coast of cali with me, we can talk about it over messaging on here or either phone! just anyone pm me your number and i am so down!

K

Kim Chee

I have a pack now, but I can't count how many times I left home with nothing but my clothes and resorted to using a restaurant fry bag to hold a couple hygiene items? You can find things
along the way or you can plan for everything from home and order a buncha shit online, go to a thrift store. Whatever, however. You probably have enough clothes on your back for the
weather you'll be encountering if you stay on the coast.

Cristian

Reaction score
ok, well i have a random ass big duffle bag, but idk if i want to bring that, i also have a shitty spitfire backpack, i might just use that. which one?
and what did u do for sleeping bag?

snot

Reaction score
theres been so many times where i didnt have a pack and had to use some shity back pcak. umm if u cant fit ur sleepin bag/blanket into you back pack then just tie it on to the outside. thats always worked for me ehwn i had to star over gear wise:)

Zorila

Reaction score
Website
squattheplanet.com
thumbs up man, i started with mountain climbing and it's the best way to get started through my oppinion, also the gear that you need for the mountains is useful on the road too, so anyways, go for it...

soapybum

Reaction score
kelty backpacks are nice, I uhh.. 'acquired' mine from Target's camping/hiking section. If you're housed up atm take advantage of that and get some good gear first.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads