Hello stp people

D

Driftsmith

Well I've been on this site for a month or so just feeling it out and I figured its about time to introduce myself.. I'm a 28 year old male and have lived in Minnesota most my life.. I love the idea of living with less but living free.. I've spent the last couple years couch surfing living outta my backpack and working odd jobs to pay for the rent I'm charged on the couch.. But this is not doing it for me anymore I want more freedom I wanna roam the earth !! I got my gear set up and am ready to hit the road..
My plan if u could call it one is easy head toward warmer weather till spring has sprung then head north west into the wooded mountains .. Although I'm open for anything other then the cold ..All the while learning the tricks of the trade
This site has been an awesome find to me I spent as much time as I can reading what u all post and it's all appreciated (Big thanks to Matt D)
I'm also completely open to having someone to travel with .. It would be nice if they had some traveling experience under there belt to show me a thing or two but if ur new too that's cool ..
Anyways here I am folks .. Happy travels to all

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome to STP. Figure shit out here on STP. Use the search function instead of asking redundant questions in repeat threads. Be honest about your experience & try to respect others while defending yourself & property & staying safe. Stay off the rails. I wish I had $5 for every new user that comes on here looking for another person to hold there hand as a road dawg. Get some solo hitchhiking miles under your belt & exposure to life on the road, dealing with police, junkies, thugs, rednecks,religious freaks, homeless & fellow travelers. Be wary of you hang out with & travel with. Some will pretend to be friendly only to rob you down the road. Try not to fuck shit up for the next traveler that comes along after you. Blah Blah Blah I wish I could offer you more advice. Feel free to pm me any questions if you want.

Good luck, be safe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads