Hello my name is Von!

D

deleted user

hi everyone! i'm very excited to start using this forum. i cant say i've ever really used one to post my thoughts or anything. i've always just been a lurker, gathering information and such.
anyways, i've reached somewhat of a realization in how i want to live my life (not like a grand scheme, just an idea of how i want to live day to day). I have always been apathetic towards the capitalistic "mold". I didn't exceed at school, barely floating by. I never planned for college and after highschool i just kind of sat around feeling unmotivated to do anything that i knew i had to do. i didn't want to get a job (i did have one for about 7 months though) and i didn't want to start college. but as i said, i've come to a realization, that is i dont have to pursue this life! the capitalist structure is one that i am not fit for. and i've seen it turn my friends and family into monotonous data points. it seems all anyone cares about is paying this, paying that, and buying some shit and being very comfortable. capitalism provides that all right. but that crushes me. turns my brain to mush. i can't waste any more of my life trying to convince myself to do these things that i dont want to do. it's not my purpose! i seek a life that is more enlightening. a life that just lets me be me and survive on my own intuition. i'm tired of following blueprints.
i want to travel. that i'm sure of. at least while i'm still young (i'm only 19!)
i want to meet people like myself. open-minded, free spirited, non-judgemental. i've always been a misfit, even within my family and closest friend groups. that's ok though! i'm no longer seeing that as a bad thing. i'm proud of myself and i now realized where my passions are. i feel as though i have a stronger conscience than ever. i'm ready to move my life in the right direction, my direction.

i'm sorry i'm completely rambling! i just want you guys to know where i'm at in life. i'm basically just trying to decide where i'm going to go from here. i'm just a 19 year old living at home with no money and no plans. i suppose it's kind of a blank slate! i feel ready for a life of adventure, anarchist values, friendship, and debatable legality. i'm content to just slip through the cracks if you know what i mean. i'm a minimalist. i don't need a lot to get by. i just need a reason to get by.

ok! i hope this wasn't too long winded!
thanks for reading. please say hi! i love people, and i don't get to talk to too many in my real life that are like-minded, so i'm always down for a good conversation.
much love!
-Von

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome, Von!

This forum (as I'm sure you've already learned) is an invaluable treasure trove of choice information.

Oh, how I envy you young people...may your generation be the free-spirited gypsies, my generation wishes we could have been...and in my case, getting a late start.

Peace!

Reactions: Kal
D

deleted user

good luck with your late start haha! i'm nervous because i'm starting early! i guess starting is just a hard thing for anyone. there's never really a good time to just ditch it all. i'm just trying to accept that me wanting a free life and a free spirit is not a bad thing or some kind of a cop out of "real" life. i have my idea of living and i just wanna do it! and you're so right, this forum is a total treasure trove for information. i'm glad i finally got on board!
peace!

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P. Nothing wrong with having a free spirit and a free life. Just have fun and be safe.

Reactions: Odin
Reaction score
I have never heard anyone speak my mind so well. Welcome to STP. I hope you enjoy our company.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey, welcome to the site! Cool intro, I have some friends scattered around Michigan that I hope to visit sometime soon, as well as a bunch of urbex i'd like to do in detroit. Michigan seems like it usually has a good scene going on... where are you in MI?

D

deleted user

I live in saginaw. not the coolest scene in michigan, unfortunately. I've never really been able to get my way into the "scene" but a lot of people on the scene are kind of scummy (like one of the biggest most influential artists in saginaw straight up lured my sister to an empty warehouse once and got naked in front of her. totally not the kind of guy I want at the head of my scene!)

so anyways I'm headed out on my bike in search of a better community. or at least some peace and quiet haha

Kal

Reaction score
Peace and quiet is a good thing. Your sister should of kicked the guys ass or find some big guy to do it for her. Have fun on your trip and be safe out there.

D

deleted user

yeah he's a total skeez! he used to sneak into shows at the community theatre i worked the booth at. i've had to kick him out like 3 times. once he went down into the greenroom and started bragging to the actors about how he "gets into shows for free" and then started critiquing the directing choices. so annoying! i hope people that come through saginaw dont run into him.

thanks! i will be safe!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads