Hello. I'm Taylor, a houseless hobbyist. You?

TechnoHobo

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm not good at introductions so I'll try the best I can. After watching my mother lose her fight to cancer, I've been looking for a new path that would bring me peace. I was boggled down with living expenses, college expenses, funeral expenses, tax expenses, etc. It got to be too much. So after years of trying to force myself to adhere to the laundry list of societal expectations of what a "successful", "well-adjusted" person looks like, I let go. And now, I'm better than I ever was since that moment.

I've taken interest in
  • Anarchism (the chaotic good variety)
  • Computer science (let me know if you need coders! I'm looking to build a portfolio)
  • E-commerce and small business
  • Soap making
  • Wood working
  • DIY/home improvement
  • Meditation and alternative religions
  • Learning languages
And now: squatting/peaceful occupation. In my time as houseless, I've been able to focus on myself and reflect on my morals and goals. It's been quite enlightening. While, yes, I still have things to work through (Don't we all?), I'm ready to graduate to the next steps, wherever that may lead me.

I'm currently in Pittsburgh, living in a rented downtown office that I thought would be beneficial in my philosophical, spiritual, and (yes) financial journey. But that turned out not to be the case. Now, I'm looking into squatting, more specifically, squatting as an intentional community. I think it would be nice to use this as an opportunity to learn valuable skills, both tangible and intangible, while giving everyone involved to save some costs in this difficult time.

That's all I have for now. Hope I didn't bore you! haha. Ciao.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads