hello how are you?

Reaction score
i'm from california, and well i just been real depressed and sad and just lonesome in the town i'm living in. Just going to school for all the wrong reasons. I feel like there's no place for me here and I just want to get out of here. i have nothing here to hold me back.ive never had a girlfriend. i have friends, but theyre caught up in there own business.. Each day i think about leaving i get more and more depressed, but at the same time excited when imaging leaving here to hit the road. this is why i have decided once my semesters over im going to leave my town to travel up north with a couple friends. ive been thinking bout doin this for a few years, and i finally feel ready now.. i also feel like i need to gain some experience in being independent, and living without the everyday luxuries one lives with. I just feel like this is the right time for me to leave.

threehalfgallons

Reaction score
welcome,
the forums on here are very helpful to the newbie traveler. (well i imagine they would have been to me) and if you have questions of specifics, (depending on how you are traveling) feel free to ask me.
remember to always use the search function before posting a new thread on anything you might be interested in.
what part of california are you in right now?

Sugarmoon

Reaction score
Hello and welcome, i can really relate to your story, I myself am actually startin school in april, and i really dont know why, but hey i realy wana studyy this is my passion so i think i took out a kinda big loan to go and anyways i still get 10% off so i just wana xsee how it goes,, if its a big failure hell i still am living either way, im still squatting right now and going to school doingg what i love,... So where are you planning on journying to??

Reaction score
thank you guys for the advice and feeback. (8.
i actually just found an experienced traveler to go with and im lookin forward to it the more and more i think about it. I am actually in southern california about an hour away from los angeles. and I plan on going towards the east. (8
p.s my names not floyd, just in case anyone was wondering. haha

sprout

Reaction score
Hey Not Floyd.
I am in Los Angeles right now about to head out on the 17th. I know there are a lot of kids in this area that would likely be open to let you travel with them if for any reason things don't work out with the traveler you just met. If you are ever in LA before the 17th, hit me up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads