hello hello

dead

Reaction score
hello everybody. so at the moment im pretty much trying to decide if id even be capable of hopping cross country and all that.
trying to gain information i guess.
some background, i live in buffalo, im 22 years old. currently i live in an oxford house (sober living) but may be kicked out soon. i will say, yes i have drug issues, as im sure some of you do too, but i am trustworthy, honest, and very reliable.
anyways, if i get kicked out of here, im homeless. sooo pretty much that would be a good time to hit the road, right?
im thinking if i hit the road id want to head towards portland, as thats where my sister lives. i dont know any travelers, although i know the house where they all head to in the city.

i dont know if the drug thing is to much info, but i mean, id like to know it about someone else. although, i assure you im not a typical junkie. i know, they all say that... but hey, get to know me, i guess.

K

Kim Chee

I met a guy in portland (we were both being released from jail). He indicated he had a bad heroin problem and was in treatment. I told him to get out of portland. If you can't stay away from dope, that is really a shitty place to be unless you are committed to your addiction. Welcome to StP.

K

Kim Chee

Its bad as in if you are a dope fiend you will find your supply easily. You will probably run into other dope fiends. You will likely be approached by people selling dope. You will be continually reminded that you can get high right now if you have a little cash. On the brighter side, drug treatment is readily available. There aren't a whole lot of heroin success stories (although it is good to hear when somebody beats it).

kevlar

Reaction score
well its buffalo. and ive been here all my life. im bored here. and soon to be homeless... dont want a homeless winter in buffalo

Go to south cali or nola or Florida or texas. Austin is cool place. At least figure out what your plan is before you just try to jump on a train alone for the first time for 2000 miles. You'd be better off hitching if ya ask me til someone shows you the ropes of hopping.
And avoid the dope. Call your sister and ask for a place to stay so your not surrounded by drugs if you do go to Portland. I mean if you're trying to settle there and work and shit its easier with people to help you stay clean.
Good luck whatever you do. And seriously, always think about safety first and travel prepared.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads