Hello from Seattle

Natladybug

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Natalie. I'm currently in Seattle and have been planning where to go next. Somewhere warm of course. But, I have seriously been considering traveling to the sacred sites. And visiting some eco villages in AZ. I haven't traveled before so if you have any advice it would be much appreciated. Also if you are in the area and would like to meet up and adventure or partake in this journey to sacred sites, just let me know. Good vibes. Music. Art. Yoga.

Last edited:

Applelatchun

Reaction score
Hey Natalie and welcome to the world of being on the move! A road dog is good to have, especially when first starting out living as a traveler. There are advantages and disadvantages to be sure, but if you're a rookie, it would definitely be worthwhile meeting up with someone with your interests. There's an article somewhere floating around the site here discussing how to "vet" a potential road dog. I'd recommend you check it out. One thing I can tell you right off the bat: Do not plan on taking a lot of stuff with you. Pack your bag as light as possible. Take some real time to think about what's needed and what's not. These days, I don't even carry a tent like I used to. Now, it's just a tarp and some 550 paracord. Much lighter in the bag. Stay alert and limit yourself to mind altering substances, at least for the first few months. Have a plan or a destination, but never really expect to ever reach it. Be safe. Cheers!

Natladybug

Reaction score
Hey Natalie and welcome to the world of being on the move! A road dog is good to have, especially when first starting out living as a traveler. There are advantages and disadvantages to be sure, but if you're a rookie, it would definitely be worthwhile meeting up with someone with your interests. There's an article somewhere floating around the site here discussing how to "vet" a potential road dog. I'd recommend you check it out. One thing I can tell you right off the bat: Do not plan on taking a lot of stuff with you. Pack your bag as light as possible. Take some real time to think about what's needed and what's not. These days, I don't even carry a tent like I used to. Now, it's just a tarp and some 550 paracord. Much lighter in the bag. Stay alert and limit yourself to mind altering substances, at least for the first few months. Have a plan or a destination, but never really expect to ever reach it. Be safe. Cheers!
Hi there! Thank for all the good tips :) packing light will be a challange, haha I want to bring all my art supplies. Traveling is a huge sacrafice!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hi @Natladybug - sorry catching up here from the holidays - but hey these members have given you some great information. I will also suggest to research all the information here in our subforums as well as the resources link at the top of this page. And - google can be a good friend (well most of the time) - I travel - but lightly and I research urban explore places/abandoned and have found some cools stuff. Am ready for another Spring adventure myself and am starting to get underway researching .... Good luck and have fun! (and be safe too).

Oh and if you want to have some fun - check out this site - two guys traveling - links to certain areas like abandoned sites are at the bottom. Fun read - they have a book out now and were just featured (again) on Sunday Morning TV show this past Sunday.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/

Last edited:

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. If you want nice scenery and peace and quiet, come up to BC. come to Vancouver island and then go explore any of the gulf islands. Quadra and cortes are amazing. So is saltspring......if our travel paths cross,we shall have to light one up and enjoy the peace

Applelatchun

Reaction score
Vancouver Island looks awesome, at least so much so in the reality series "Alone." The first two seasons was shot there, with season 3 currently airing from Patagonia, South America. BC is on my bucket list for sure, beautiful country up there!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads