Hello from New Jersey | Squat the Planet

Hello from New Jersey

roamingsnake

Reaction score
Hello all!

Things have been really weird since the beginning of the second half of 2019, when I moved into my own place with someone who was a good friend. I've always wanted to get away from a permanent residency, preferring smaller spaces and general minimalism, but actually having my name on a lease and dealing with a whole bunch of crap (that ultimately led to me somehow taking over the whole lease by myself, shortly before a major surgery, and with no job) has pushed me ever closer to the decision to simply leave when the lease is up. I'm been supremely lucky in that I've had amazing support from my partner and brother with rent, but I want to stop having to rely on other people so much when I'm not interested in supporting myself in a job I hate to live in a place that's falling apart anyway.

For now, due to some complicated outside factors, I don't have much choice but to stay here, but I've decided that I'm going to save up as much as I possibly can in the meantime and work towards full-time traveling and volunteering. I'm not sure exactly where the road will take me, but I look forward to spending time learning through StP and preparing myself for something better.

Wishing everyone well!

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
Hello all!

Things have been really weird since the beginning of the second half of 2019, when I moved into my own place with someone who was a good friend. I've always wanted to get away from a permanent residency, preferring smaller spaces and general minimalism, but actually having my name on a lease and dealing with a whole bunch of crap (that ultimately led to me somehow taking over the whole lease by myself, shortly before a major surgery, and with no job) has pushed me ever closer to the decision to simply leave when the lease is up. I'm been supremely lucky in that I've had amazing support from my partner and brother with rent, but I want to stop having to rely on other people so much when I'm not interested in supporting myself in a job I hate to live in a place that's falling apart anyway.

For now, due to some complicated outside factors, I don't have much choice but to stay here, but I've decided that I'm going to save up as much as I possibly can in the meantime and work towards full-time traveling and volunteering. I'm not sure exactly where the road will take me, but I look forward to spending time learning through StP and preparing myself for something better.

Wishing everyone well!
I wish you well, too. Nice to meet you.

Reactions: roamingsnake

SammiePa

Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbartlettwriter.com
Hello all!

Wishing everyone well!
Nice to meet you. Hope you're able to save money and get started on your travels

roamingsnake

Reaction score
Thank you, and likewise to both of you! I've been compromising and going for longer walks beyond the town I currently live in, so that makes it a bit easier for sure. In any case, I'm going to put my all into saving as much as possible, and I'll be sure to keep up on here in the meantime. Looking forward to the future!

Last edited:

roamingsnake

Reaction score
my Lease is ending soon and I’m likewise looking to get out! Where in New Jersey are you located? I’m in Asbury Park
I'm within Pemberton Township! Landlord neglected to tell me about the requirement for 30 days notice (not listed in the lease OR Rules&Regs at all, as far as I could see, but I'm sure there's some stupid loophole), so now I'm required to pay one more month of rent to the end of July.

I figure it works out, though, because my brother's trying to find a place and I'm helping him know what to look for so he doesn't get screwed over by the tiny print and so he knows what to be aware of. Also gives me more time to move stuff out/figure out where to put the important things, but I'm not sure another $1200 is worth it. 😬

Reactions: Mattismurder

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads