Hello from New Jersey

Nicasso

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have only been on StP for a few months now, mostly lurking, but felt it was about time to introduce myself. I am in my early 50's and currently live in New Jersey. Looking to retire in a few years and move up to northern Michigan where I have a piece of land and a cabin. The cabin needs some work to make it more sustainable and get it off the grid. But once I retire, guess I will have the time to do it. Northern Michigan winters can be brutal so I am also planning on hitting the road in my truck, when things get too cold. I have a 1996 F150 with an extended cab which I think will work nicely. Will need to get a cap on the bed and make some improvements, but feel I can definitely use it to live in if I head down to the southwest for part of the winter.

I have to say this site is really great. The people here are so open and willing to share their wisdom and asking for nothing in return. It's awesome to find a community like this and I am happy to be a part of it.

Dmac

Reaction score
Northern Michigan is a pretty place! Welcome to the site.

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

LargeSourJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads