Hello from Lindsey & Wyatt | Squat the Planet

Hello from Lindsey & Wyatt

Gyppylindz

Reaction score
Howdy! We are currently on 70 hitting Denver then the plan is wander around SoCal. I (F, 23) had never even been to a city bigger than Louisville and have never traveled west of Kentucky. He (M, 33) has done it before, but been a few years. We have a car and camping gear, food, some of our things to sell (just sold our Switch for $375). We are liter winging it with no plan. We left everything behind and want to live free of societal norms. Maybe we won’t have the car for long, but if we can learn the wise Ways of the rubbertramps amongst us, then maybe it will lead us the way. Otherwise, we may end up hitching someday.

so I said we have no plans, but we have some ideas. We want to head north up the coast from San Diego, taking our time, and camping. I will need to read up on the wildfires, but hope everyone is being safe. Portland, Eugene, and Seattle are definitely on our list. Then we would love to be invited or welcomed to Slab City once the cooler air arrives in a month or two.

We camped out last night in Evansville IN in such a random spot by a little lake. We our gonna try and make it to Denver/Boulder tonight if anyone is out here. Hiiii.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
duuuude... freecampsites.net will give you so many great places to camp for free, you'll love it. the slabs are cool too, lots of interesting stuff in that region especially if you have a car to explore with.

Gyppylindz

Reaction score
duuuude... freecampsites.net will give you so many great places to camp for free, you'll love it. the slabs are cool too, lots of interesting stuff in that region especially if you have a car to explore with.

that site is great for reals. So far it’s 1/1! We are heading to a place south of Denver tonight.

Two questions for ya Matt: when is a good time to head to the slabs? We expect it to be hot, but don’t want to wait too long and it’s too busy? Or can any newbie in a car find a spot and be welcomed in no problem?

Tyler608

Reaction score
that site is great for reals. So far it’s 1/1! We are heading to a place south of Denver tonight.

Two questions for ya Matt: when is a good time to head to the slabs? We expect it to be hot, but don’t want to wait too long and it’s too busy? Or can any newbie in a car find a spot and be welcomed in no problem?
I'm in the slabs right now

Tyler608

Reaction score
how is it? How long are you staying?
We just had a couple really hot days 120 plus last couple days but now its cooling down and I plan to stay for awhile I don't have anywhere else to go and I don't want to be anywhere else feel free to send me a message if you want to chat or have any other questions or anything at all

Reactions: Gyppylindz

HopScotch

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Here's to good and happy living on wheels. Wildfires here in CA are constantly changing so make sure you keep updated with them before heading somewhere. fire.ca.gov is a good resource.

Tobiko

Reaction score
Hi! If you happen to be in sacramento area let me know and we can meet up and roam about the region!

Tobiko

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads