hello from gummo land | Squat the Planet

hello from gummo land

juka

Reaction score
yo everyone hello there

you can call me Juka...ahh i am not sure where to begin with this sort of intro.
i became involuntarily homeless at a young age (14) and thus began my very random street life. i'll be 28 next month and i've spent most of my life on and off the road. i'm disabled so i've made several very concerted attempts to keep a job and maintain a more consistent/stabilized lifestyle but it seems whether i want that or not its becoming less of an option for me. at present i've found myself yet again stuck in ohio, and i hate it here. i am trying to make the best of it and i spend a lot of time with my dog, or drawing, doing yoga, reading books or attempting to find work. i like all kinds of music, working with computers and studying natural medicine/herbal healing.

i stopped traveling and hitchhiking a few years back to try and become a more 'settled' person (mostly for health reasons but also just for a break). this worked out quite well for a while but has deteriorated over time and now i'm feeling the call of the road once more. i've been to countless rainbow gatherings, punk campouts and fondly remember the good old days of the detroit electronic music festival :) i'm from the midwest and i've grown very bored and tired of the unfriendly, shallow atmosphere. of course a city is what you make of it but we all know you can just get burned out on a place. i spent quite some time on the west coast and about a year and a half ago i returned to ohio and now nearly everyone i knew and loved is either moved, MIA or dead... -_-

i'm trying to decide what to do with the next phase of my life and there will certainly be more traveling. the longer i stay in one place the more i feel like im stagnating, especially here. thinkin about another norCal adventure or revisiting NOLA (feels like i never get to spend enough time there!) ive been to nearly every state and several different countries, hard to pick a favorite (or a least fave, heh)

anyway bla bla bla that's me, i dunno what else to say, hi everyone :)

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome to the site! Use the search function, review the "Terms & Rules" in the help section & read the stickies. Good luck finding your way to your next chapter in living. If you receive SSDI than you should be in a great position to rubber tramp (if you drive & have a license etc.).

juka

Reaction score
Hey there! Thanks for the welcome.
I am attempting to get on disability now. I have been seeing the same doctors for some time, but I'm still confused about the whole process...if anyone on here has done this stuff before please hit me up, I need advice.
If I had SSDI i'd be doing exactly as you described... rubber tramping has been more my style since I really can't hitchhike like I used to (neck injury isn't concurrent to carrying a pack for long distances, whattayaknow...)

I am glad I have found this site, there is so much neat stuff to look at and read (also pretty amusing I'm seeing people I've met before in "real" life)

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads