hello from Dayton!

prepperman

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm Andrew. I've been traveling for a few years (backpacking and crashing on people's floors). I'm working on getting into vandwelling (gotta find a van I can afford first). I'm a generally nice guy who likes to help people. My primary concern about vandwelling is power generation on the cheap. I am on SSDI and am a former security supervisor. I love to read, play chess, listen to music or coast to coast am, play video games, hike, and just experience new things. I love meeting new people. And yes, once I have a van, if you're in the area and need a ride, you'll have one. Any tips would be appreciated.

Reactions: wizehop

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and yeah - OH - it's going to get cold out there (it's starting to here already). I'm guessing the usual CL for vans - but others here may have other information. We do have a rubber tramper subforum that may yield some info on the power gen you are looking into. Stay in touch and good luck there sir!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
like tude said, check out the van dwelling section, and i'd go with a battery bank system hooked up to solar panels. it's really easy to do and not that expensive. you could even hook up the battery bank to your engine so the batteries get recharged that way too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads