Hello from Central Wisconsin ! | Squat the Planet

Hello from Central Wisconsin !

compostyuppie

Reaction score
I found this site through the r/vagabond subreddit. I'm quite grateful, honestly, because I'm a little convinced not much train hopping, hitchhiking, misc. vagabond behavior happens around these parts. I have never hopped a train and I have never hitch hiked in my life, but I'm only 18. That can change.

I live in Central Wisconsin, 'Point to be more exact. There is a whole lot of nothing to do. Nothing to see. Some places are nice, but considering my age and how drunk this state is, my options are wildly limited, and besides, even if I was 21, I wouldn't want to go to a bar every single Friday as my source of fun. And anything that isn't a bar is wildly expensive and I only make $9 an hour at Dairy Queen.

My name is Finn. I just graduated high school and I am not going to college in the fall, and I don't know that I ever will, and if I do it won't be anytime soon. I am transgender male and only out to new people and my friends, not my family. My family are a bunch of bible abiding Catholics and generally disapprove of everything I do, and in the event that I might get outed to them about my identity and quite literally every aspect of my life, I would be kicked out. Not only that, but they are already verbally and psychologically abusive, along with some physical abuse in the past. Mixed in with alcohol, as it goes. I am not an alcoholic myself, though it is in my family.

I would like to get out before they can kick me out. I know my first resort shouldn't be trains or freeways (they aren't), but I have an extreme calling to be out there. In the woods. In the deserts. In the cities, in the basements, seeing bands I've never heard of, and so on. I feel like this site has lots of archives of experience from people all over the US, and more specifically the Midwest, that I can take into account. I have a lot to learn and a huge drive to learn it.

From what I've noticed, this site mainly consists of older people, which is fine, but I hope that doesn't call for others to push me down. I want to see the country in the most raw, authentic way possible. I want to be separated from the world, and everything that has ever weighed on my heavy mind. It may come off as I want to run from my problems, but I think this sort of part of the next chapter of my life might bring some closure to my mind. It's not like I listened to one Johnny Hobo song and decided I want to jump onto a moving train and get some limbs cut off. I've been thinking about this for a long time, years even. I feel that I'm old enough now. I feel like I am going to break down if I have to stay in this one-trick-pony town for one more day. I may just seem like a kid to some of you but I have endured much of the same things you all have, some things you might be able to relate to.

January 25th of this year I lost my lover, my partner, to suicide by hanging. January 25th is my birthday, this year I turned 18. I was not even awake for maybe 5 hours before I got a call from his sponsor. The day I became a legal adult I had to age by 40 years mentally. That boy was my life and I was his. I had never ever met someone who shared so much with me, and I had shared so much with. I had never met someone that could connect to me so well, and I've had relationships, romantic and platonic, that have lasted years that I never got this sort of connection out of. My relationship with my best friend is admittedly not even that intense. It's been 5 months since he's been gone. This last weekend was his burial. With the slightly cleaner mind knowing he is alright where ever he is, laid to rest, my heart has been longing for a different feeling. A feeling this place can't give me. A feeling that no drug can give me. I need somewhere new. Charlie had this same feeling he expressed to me not even a month before he passed. I live on to live Charlie's memory on.

Among everything in the pandemic, my grandfather on my mother's side passed away on April 27th suddenly and horribly. The year of 2020 has proven itself to be the year of extremely unfortunate events for everyone, especially myself. On lighter notes, all of the shows I was supposed to go to got cancelled, and now that the date of Charlie's funeral has passed, I literally have no upcoming dates in anything. Not even a doctor's appointment. I feel more and more lost as the days go by. There are only so many times I can spray paint one underpass. There are only so many times I can chain smoke in my friend's front porch. I long for somewhere out of here! Haha.

More about myself, I play in a teenage rock band that has sort of made a name for itself in the area. Our genre is not really my #1 feel but I do enjoy it a lot. I play bass guitar in the band. On my own, I play guitar and mandolin. I am learning banjo and accordion. I love to sing covers at open mics and every now and then I jot down ideas for my own songs, but I have yet to compose any. I listen to literally anything and everything, but I'll only share some that are more aligned with this site. My favorite artist (admittedly, sorry..) is Pat the Bunny and my favorite bands are Rail Yard Ghosts, Dead Kennedys, Talking Heads, and Blackbird Raum. I like to draw and jot down notes about events and my favorite video game is Skyrim. I like open world games a lot. I am leftist, quite the anarchist, maybe anarcho-communist? I've been reading more theory, just trying to figure out myself. "Anarchist" is easier to say.

Y'all are beautiful people and I'm glad to be seeing and learning from so many great experiences. Here's to tomorrow, and the next day, to what unknown thing they'll bring us.

D

Deleted member 24782

I found this site through the r/vagabond subreddit. I'm quite grateful, honestly, because I'm a little convinced not much train hopping, hitchhiking, misc. vagabond behavior happens around these parts. I have never hopped a train and I have never hitch hiked in my life, but I'm only 18. That can change.

I live in Central Wisconsin, 'Point to be more exact. There is a whole lot of nothing to do. Nothing to see. Some places are nice, but considering my age and how drunk this state is, my options are wildly limited, and besides, even if I was 21, I wouldn't want to go to a bar every single Friday as my source of fun. And anything that isn't a bar is wildly expensive and I only make $9 an hour at Dairy Queen.

My name is Finn. I just graduated high school and I am not going to college in the fall, and I don't know that I ever will, and if I do it won't be anytime soon. I am transgender male and only out to new people and my friends, not my family. My family are a bunch of bible abiding Catholics and generally disapprove of everything I do, and in the event that I might get outed to them about my identity and quite literally every aspect of my life, I would be kicked out. Not only that, but they are already verbally and psychologically abusive, along with some physical abuse in the past. Mixed in with alcohol, as it goes. I am not an alcoholic myself, though it is in my family.

I would like to get out before they can kick me out. I know my first resort shouldn't be trains or freeways (they aren't), but I have an extreme calling to be out there. In the woods. In the deserts. In the cities, in the basements, seeing bands I've never heard of, and so on. I feel like this site has lots of archives of experience from people all over the US, and more specifically the Midwest, that I can take into account. I have a lot to learn and a huge drive to learn it.

From what I've noticed, this site mainly consists of older people, which is fine, but I hope that doesn't call for others to push me down. I want to see the country in the most raw, authentic way possible. I want to be separated from the world, and everything that has ever weighed on my heavy mind. It may come off as I want to run from my problems, but I think this sort of part of the next chapter of my life might bring some closure to my mind. It's not like I listened to one Johnny Hobo song and decided I want to jump onto a moving train and get some limbs cut off. I've been thinking about this for a long time, years even. I feel that I'm old enough now. I feel like I am going to break down if I have to stay in this one-trick-pony town for one more day. I may just seem like a kid to some of you but I have endured much of the same things you all have, some things you might be able to relate to.

January 25th of this year I lost my lover, my partner, to suicide by hanging. January 25th is my birthday, this year I turned 18. I was not even awake for maybe 5 hours before I got a call from his sponsor. The day I became a legal adult I had to age by 40 years mentally. That boy was my life and I was his. I had never ever met someone who shared so much with me, and I had shared so much with. I had never met someone that could connect to me so well, and I've had relationships, romantic and platonic, that have lasted years that I never got this sort of connection out of. My relationship with my best friend is admittedly not even that intense. It's been 5 months since he's been gone. This last weekend was his burial. With the slightly cleaner mind knowing he is alright where ever he is, laid to rest, my heart has been longing for a different feeling. A feeling this place can't give me. A feeling that no drug can give me. I need somewhere new. Charlie had this same feeling he expressed to me not even a month before he passed. I live on to live Charlie's memory on.

Among everything in the pandemic, my grandfather on my mother's side passed away on April 27th suddenly and horribly. The year of 2020 has proven itself to be the year of extremely unfortunate events for everyone, especially myself. On lighter notes, all of the shows I was supposed to go to got cancelled, and now that the date of Charlie's funeral has passed, I literally have no upcoming dates in anything. Not even a doctor's appointment. I feel more and more lost as the days go by. There are only so many times I can spray paint one underpass. There are only so many times I can chain smoke in my friend's front porch. I long for somewhere out of here! Haha.

More about myself, I play in a teenage rock band that has sort of made a name for itself in the area. Our genre is not really my #1 feel but I do enjoy it a lot. I play bass guitar in the band. On my own, I play guitar and mandolin. I am learning banjo and accordion. I love to sing covers at open mics and every now and then I jot down ideas for my own songs, but I have yet to compose any. I listen to literally anything and everything, but I'll only share some that are more aligned with this site. My favorite artist (admittedly, sorry..) is Pat the Bunny and my favorite bands are Rail Yard Ghosts, Dead Kennedys, Talking Heads, and Blackbird Raum. I like to draw and jot down notes about events and my favorite video game is Skyrim. I like open world games a lot. I am leftist, quite the anarchist, maybe anarcho-communist? I've been reading more theory, just trying to figure out myself. "Anarchist" is easier to say.

Y'all are beautiful people and I'm glad to be seeing and learning from so many great experiences. Here's to tomorrow, and the next day, to what unknown thing they'll bring us.

Great intro.

I figured this site consists of mostly younger people, but maybe it's 50/50? Whats old anyways? Maybe Matt could show us a graph, assuming everyone shares their ACTUAL birthdate? Yeah right!

Remember we are everywhere! Central Wisco may suck in your eyes but Portage was actually home of the 2003 or 4? Tramp Fest, an on the down low hobo gather of sorts.

Anarcho-communist? I've never heard of that, I though communist was a derogatory version of anarchist. But it's been determined I have analysis paralysis so I should just give up on politics.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to StP Finn!!!

Very nice introduction! Yeah, Wisconsin is a drunk state worse in Milwaukee!!! More bars than dental and lawyers offices.

Hopefully you do your research and get out of Wisconsin. I'm doing my best here to get out of this state full of drunks, brats and beer farts!!!

I wish you the best of luck!!! CHJ

Kenada

Reaction score

I’m sorry to hear about so many unfortunate events coming to your life at once. I definitely think traveling could be good for you. However you may look into moving somewhere else as well. Both ways of life have their perks. You may think about traveling to find your new home! What ever your decision is I wish you the best in all your endeavors!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads