Hello from Canada and the World | Squat the Planet

Hello from Canada and the World

julianface

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long time lurker on many vagabond groups. I've been lucky to be able to travel a whole lot and get really good at cheap minimalist living and travelling. Currently in Edmonton looking to train hop back to Ontario to see my family. Done the research, have the roughing it experience, got the gear, staked out the catch out spots, ready to finally make the leap and hopefully not fucking die! Maybe I'll see some of you out in the wild.

If anyone has Canada specific tips let me know! I will be riding CN cause it's way less boring scenery beside a highway like CP but I'm a bit sketched out by the CN scanners all around Winnipeg.

julianface

Reaction score

julianface

Reaction score
well I made it through the portal west of Winnipeg and didn't even see it (though my head was down). Hid in the train in the yard for 4 hours so I'm guessing I wasn't spotted. I just hugged the container and had no cover or overhang lol. Didn't end up taking CN east so not sure about that one.

ali

Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it through and didn't get too cold! Did you get to see some nice scenery too, or was it head down most of the way?

julianface

Reaction score
Thanks ali I was well prepared I picked up a 2nd down jacket from value village and rain pants in Saskatoon. Got down to 2 or 3 degrees overnight one night but it was fine. Camping mat was sooooo clutch too it made the train so comfortable most of the time. Didn't have overhead cover so getting rained on in the Thunder Bay yard at night sucked so much but I had my tarp. I should write a post about the whole experience I think a lot of it could be useful to others.

It was head down and sleeping most of the time cause I was on a bit of a time crunch. I don't remember so much of it since I was so focused and determined to make it back home by the end of the week. The best scenery was definitely in Northern Ontario east of Thunder Bay

IMG_20210623_075525.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads