Hello from Baltimore

BaltoAnarchist

Reaction score
Ive been lurking on the site for a little while and decided to finally introduce myself. I'm 40 years old and have not travelled too much yet. However as a result of some changes in my life I am considering hitting the road for a while. Just want to thank everyone for the friendly community and look forward to contributing more in the future.
Alex

BaltoAnarchist

Reaction score
Have you been to Red Emma's there? I loved it. Tons of radical books!

Absolutely! They have a great book selection and some damn good coffee as well. There is also a cooperative music/arts/radical politics/ etc venue that is run by Red Emma's called the 2640 Space. I've seen a few good shows there. If you aren't familiar with it I recommend checking it out.

• Useful
Reactions: Vulture

Vulture

Reaction score
I went there once; I am from DC, or rather NOVA. I remember it was one of the things I wanted to hit before hitting the road. It's a bit expensive, so I don't know if I will go back. Maybe do some hardcore flying, ha.

BaltoAnarchist

Reaction score
I remember that a lot of the products were somewhat expensive. The coffee was reasonable, the books on the other hand were pretty costly. Last time I was there I picked up a bio on Enna Goldman and it was more than I would usually spend on a book. Usually I'm a fan of freecycled books and book exchanges.
They are a much better alternative to the big chain monstrosities so I'll support them when I can. The people I've met there were pretty cool and seemed very supportive of travelers.

Reactions: Vulture

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads