Hello fellow travelers :)

littlelegs

Reaction score
hello!
i have had many names but the one that stuck with me was little. i was a long time squatter and hopper from the age of 13-on. I have lived both inside, and out. Some of the first people i met would happen to be the one who created this site, who at one time, went by matty pyst, as well as some other gems who might be and might not still be with us. (zoe, remi, rez, smurf, casper, megan, alex, chris artis (rip), darkstar (rip),demi) to name a few. i grew up in the baltimore area and have been around most of the US. i have yet to go overseas. i have known about this site for quite some time; and found an old camcorder video of a lot of the people i grew up with or lived outside with over the years as a young teenager, and thought to check if this site was still up- and it was! so i joined. Stp!

**just a fyi, i no longer trainhop

Last edited:
Reactions: Artemisia Blackwell

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wow, that's awesome, i'd love to see that video if you could manage to get it online. i mostly retired from train hopping in 2008, although i occasionally still ride for fun. so are you just checking things out or are you looking to go somewhere?

littlelegs

Reaction score
i am getting back into the swing of things as soon as it gets a little warmer. trying to update and inform myself on as much as possible since i haven't traveled (hobo style), in such a long time i figured STP would be the best place to go because of the familiarity. where are you now? In Austin? my sister just came back from that area. I managed to get to fort worth a few years back but that was about it. I heard thats a great area!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
austin is a pretty great undiscovered gem in the traveler world for sure. easy to find a job, bike lanes everywhere, swimming holes galore, and pretty much 10 months of summer every year. you should come by and check it out!

littlelegs

Reaction score
sounds like a definite yes on my part. would love to check it out. you had me at swimming holes! i also heard there is an art district out there too. something different. i would have to ask my sister what she was talking about when she mentioned it and then let you know so i know for sure what it is i am talking about. haha

littlelegs

Reaction score
thanks! not thinking of hopping again, no. at this point and time i've been thinking about finishing up what i am doing here and maybe doing a conversion or a bus - even a tiny home so i can get around the world more freely and on my own terms. :)

Reactions: Jaguwar and Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi. Welcome back.

Being mobile on your own terms sounds good.
Good luck with the search for a conversion.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads