Hello, everyone

AHemlocksLie

Reaction score
Y'know, I never really know what to put in introduction threads. I guess I should start with what's most relevant to the forum.

I'm here because I've taken a great interest in train hopping. I've been looking around the internet a lot lately, looking for information about it. I've decided that I want to save up some money, round up some gear, and ride out of Texas for the west coast. I have some friends who want to come with me, and I think we're shooting for Oregon when we leave, hopefully in the couple months.

I've never been train hopping, hitchhiking, or anything like that before, but I think it's about time I give it a try. I'm not trying to run away from anyone or anything, I just want a chance to see the world, or at least a good chunk of the US, and put some good, ol' adventure back in life. I know this isn't going to be all fun and games; it's going to be dangerous, and I'm doing my best to be smart about it so I don't get myself injured or killed or anything. Everything I've read keeps telling me I should go with someone experienced my first several times, but I don't really know anyone who's done this before, so all I can really do is prepare as best I can before hand.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Good luck, I'm glad that you realize that it's not going to be all fun and games, alot of people who throw themselves out there like that usually don't think that there will be shitty times, but respect that you're willing to do it still.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads