Hello everyone.

Vagrant Son

Reaction score
Im 25 years old and i live in virginia.
I've always wanted to be a mountain man and live freely off the land. I love nature and I enjoy taking hikes and following nature trails. Im also a very spiritual person and i honestly feel like living a nomadic lifestyle can help me get more in touch with myself and nature.

Recently my life has totally changed. I went from having my own apartment of 6 years and two jobs, to living with my sister, penniless and jobless. I've been unemployed for the past 6 months and im starting to feel like a burden to my sister. I've always been very independent and self sufficient, so i dont think its such a stretch for me to live a squatting/nomadic life.

atm the only resources i have are food stamps, which can be used in any state.
any tips or advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: wizehop

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Read read through all our multiple subforums on how to get around, rideshare, rubber camping, camping, squatting, dumpster diving, making a living, living in the wild (not sure how much is here on that - but google it on internet- lots there!) etc etc - huge amount of information here and with links to other sources.

Also look into your facebook resources on traveling, rideshares, dirty kids, craigslists, etc etc - lots of info out there as well. We have a lot of people through here who are in the same situation but are more on the HEY I'm looking for adventure or I'm done with the social worklife and want freedom, etc - do read what is here and then ask questions because you will get wise responses from wise travelers. Good luck and happy travels. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads