Hello everyone, my name is Paul | Squat the Planet

Hello everyone, my name is Paul

• Thread starter Deleted member 25332
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25332

Hello everybody !

Just a little post to introduce myself here. My name is Paul, I’m a 24 years old french travelling US with a sleeping bag and a film camera.

I’m currently in NYC since friday till monday 13 (my back plane is the 29th July in NYC) . I planned to cross USA from East to West mostly following the 80th road. I’ve experience in HitchHiking and biking in Europe but I’m not experienced at all in train hopping (really curious about that!!!).

I’m used to travel without money in France but I don’t know if it’s possible here. So if you’ve any tips, if you’re on the road, if I can join you on a train, or if I can help you preparing your trip in Europe, let me know !

See you ! :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you know, we have a book that might be right up your alley.

kidding aside though, yes, it is very possible to travel here with very little or no money.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard to STP Paul!!! And the USA!!! There's plenty of adventure here in America. Please share and post any experience here in the U.S.

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Keep us updated! Safe travels!

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Hello everybody !

Just a little post to introduce myself here. My name is Paul, I’m a 24 years old french travelling US with a sleeping bag and a film camera.

Hi! Welcome to StP!

Question from a fellow European: did you have to proove to have enough money to support yourself for the time planned to stay in the US (until your scheduled flight back)?

Safe travels and have a lot of fun in the States! :)

amines

Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to StP!

Question from a fellow European: did you have to proove to have enough money to support yourself for the time planned to stay in the US (until your scheduled flight back)?

Safe travels and have a lot of fun in the States! :)
Officially you don't have to bring proof of having sufficient funding or anything. If you are unemployed and not a student they might question this. But they never wanted me to bring any proof and I have had an ESTA and currently have a B1/B2 visa for which I had an interview but they only asked, didn't show anything.

Just when entering the us don't ever mention penny less travel nor hitchhiking and absolutely NO TRAINHOPPING. Be a student backpacker

Also yaaay welcome

• Useful
Reactions: G Hotdog and Anagor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads