hello everyone! happy to be on board

poke00

Reaction score
howdy!

my name is nick, i graduated college with a philosophy degree about two years ago and am currently stuck in an office working 40 hours/week in eastern pennsylvania. i've traveled through the US on a few road trips, gone camping at some great places, and had the opportunity to travel in europe for a brief period. i feel stuck (i bet you hear that a lot) working a monotonous office job, and will likely end up taking a few weeks to hitchhike, or if i'm lucky, find someone that could help me catch a train out for the first time.

i love reading, playing music, and the works of the beat generation are really what inspired me to want to get into traveling while spending as little money as possible. if the pandemic ever ceases in our country i'd like to hitchhike, but am likely going to try to find someone here that would take a newbie on a train trip sometime in the future. my favorite thing is just meeting new people, seeing new things, having more experiences in all aspects of life

hope everyone is safe and healthy

Last edited:
Reactions: jimi

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the community! remember to use the search before posting :)

what are some places you want to see/travel to?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads