Hello everybody from Ireland :D

K

Karol Triskel

My name is Karol and Iam living in Ireland . Sailing is my live and sail or die :D :D :D Iam happy to join You very much. I hope I do not make to many mistake in english :D I saw ,,Hold fast ,, and then I found You :D If you need some information about sailing or if you come to visit Ireland let me know Iam open to help :D My channel on YT is Triskel alone there are my trips under sails . Thats all and Iam happy to be here :D :D :D Good watch and fair winds for everybody :D !!!!

K

Kim Chee

Awesome intro! People here are unlikely to take much notice of your English unless you mention it. I can say that I understand what you are saying without confusion. Without a doubt you'll get at least a couple StP'ers who will come to visit.

Do you know of a cheap or free place a person could stay while visiting? Is it possible for somebody to get work while there?

Happy sailing!

K

Karol Triskel

Hi 7x Michel :D
Free place ? Many times I did use tent but only when travel, Atlantic coast , mountain etc. Cheap place -Hostel only.
http://www.hostels.com/ireland

Hostel are very nice . You will get bed to sleep and kitchen and wi-fi etc. All you need is food and positive vibration :D I didnt prefer hostel in town. Village only :D Ireland -this is country with private land :D You know - my home is my castle :D Sometimes good ask farmers or some :D
Job. It will be very hard to say. Iam 48 and for me impossible to find any job. For younger in IT maybe .
But this is my opinion . Minimum pay at the moment in Ireland is 8,46 euro per hour.
Thats all what i can say about.
Regards .

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome welcome! I almost made it to Ireland several years ago with an old boyfriend. We planned on that trip for many months. Hopefully he sees it through and visits in a year or so when his house is paid off. Isle of Man was one of the places that was on the bucket list. hehe also some places that make some of the irish whiskeys we were drinking at the time too. :D One guy here @Anagor is busy discovering Europe at the moment. He's on my facebook - I'll let him know he has a future friend in Ireland. :)

K

Karol Triskel

Hi BobbinGoblin! My home Co.Laois ,farmers county :D About Galway , I did sail on Galway bay and Kinvara bay and North Soun , Aran Islands etc etc :D Most day Iam living on my boat on Lough Derg . Let my know if you want spend some day on my boat or see the lake , one of the best place in Ireland . About rain , not too much this year , wind too :D Regards and good luck :D

BobbinGoblin

Reaction score
Website
www.howlattheloom.com
That sounds absolutely mystical! Life on a sailboat... How long have you been sailing? Are there outlets from Lough Derg to reach other lakes or the ocean? Sailing on the northern Atlantic must be quite the task.
I will step foot on my first sailboat when we rubber tramp down to see my mom in the Florida Keys - she is currently living down there on a sailboat with her partner and dog.

Ever tried surfing in the ocean? That seemed to be pretty big while I was over there.

K

Karol Triskel

Hello again :D I just back home from the water :D Brrrrrrr wet and cold and more wet and cold :D This is not California here hahahaaaaa. My answers : Iam sailing over 8 years , from Lough Derg to the ocean or to the Irish sea no problem -by the canals :D Before sailing i did make windusrfing in Ireland 2 years - Brandon bay. I did tried surfing but you know , not for me :D Old and heavy arse :D Living on the boat is very easy and very hard and maybe little mistical :D :D In hot area of the World :D But maybe Iam wrong :D All of this waiting to me , for me somewhere in the future . If I not died i will take it I will make it . Regards and godd luck for everybody !

Attachments

• WP_20151013_08_14_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151013_08_14_11_Pro.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 217
  • WP_20151013_08_14_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151013_08_14_30_Pro.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 242
  • WP_20151013_08_11_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151013_08_11_35_Pro.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 211
  • WP_20151014_07_58_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151014_07_58_14_Pro.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 204
  • WP_20151014_07_58_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151014_07_58_28_Pro.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 238
  • biegnę (1).JPG
    biegnę (1).JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 218
  • ennel slizg.JPG
    ennel slizg.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 240

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads